• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

endoscopy and mri scan

Carole!!! :rotflmao:

Oh well had the gastroscopy today without sedation and it was fine. For what it was i was so glad i had it done without sedation as i was able to walk straight out where as a girl that went in befor me had to stay for 2 hrs.

It was a strange sensation and the worst part was having my throat sprayed. the good news is that my join and staple line are absolutly fine but having the proceedure has triggered another acute attack of pain.
Talking to the dr who did the proceedure she also does bypass surgery she said that she thought that it is likly to be a bile duct stone as whilst she had the scope in the stomach automatically thinks its got food in there so calls on bile to help break it down. The fact that the pain started straight after indicated to her that the moment my stomach has to work hard to break something down it irritates my bile duct and if there is a stone in there that will cause the pain.
I then had my mri scan and was in there for 40 mins. I am back to see mr ammorie on the 18th so hopefully will find out if there is anything then.

Thanks for all the support and texts.
carole

Glad everything went well. You're brave not having a sedation. I had an endoscopy on wednesday and I was very glad of the sedation and loved the nice relaxed feeling I had afterwards! lol Glad everything is sealed nicely and hope the MRI yields some results. xxx

Glad it all went well Carole and I hope you get some definitive answers from the MRI. Have to admit that I take sedation whenever I can - I do rather enjoy the feeling :).

Take it easy

Dan

You two saying that has made me realise what a controle freak i must be. Really dont like the out of control feeling that drugs give not even cough medicine lol.

Back