• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had scan done and the dr frightened me to death!!

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi all you may remember that i posted a couple of weeks ago about blacking out. well to cut a long story short they thought i might have had a TIA (mini stroke) and sent me for a brain scan.

I had my scan doen yesterday and they have decided that i need a heart scan and 24 hour ECG as they think my heart may not be pumping properly. they are also wrried about my blood clotting so they have started me on some medication.

he put the fear of god into me and said that the weight loss was great but the damage has already been done to my body and i have had a warning sign. He has told me i am playing russian roulette and has told me i must stop smoking!! ( i haven't had one since yesterday and i am so grumpy!!!)

I feel really down about the whole thing really. i am only 33 and i have 2 beautiful children who i do want to see grow up!! surely my weight loss and improvement in my health can only help me to live longer eh!!

anyway sorry to moan on thanks for listening x

Tammy do go and see your GP when you feel they have the results of your tests back and find out what they say - Your weight loss will help and yes stopping smoking will also. I'm a partner in general practice (but a manager not a GP) and often patients complain that hospital doctors frighten them to death and just leave them hanging - don't suggest how to deal with the problem. A good GP should help you

Best wishes

M

Tammy you are heading in the right direction and until all the tests are back dont draw any conclusions. The hospital are taking precautions till they have a full picture. Try not to worry and take it one day at a time.
HC

Well done on staying off the ciggies since then, that's a great achievement and you've shown yourself you can manage a day now, so just take it one day at a time.

Losing weight, stopping smoking, eating healthier will have a positive impact on your health, just as staying obese and smoking heavily will have a negative impact. Some doctors use shock tactics to make us see how much of an impact our actions have.

I agree with what everyone has said. It is the job of Doctors to look for the worst but they should never say it. It is your job to hope for the best and do everything you can like wls & quitting smoking, that is all. You did a great life-changing/saving thing and now you will see that. Just think if you hadn't done what you have done, that is the very best gift to your family and yourself.

Take deep breaths and know you will get good news, see yourself well & fit.

i hope you keep well and stay of the ciggies which is hard especially when your stressed, i think the dr's sometimes scare you like this to make sure you take it seriously and do what they suggest otherwise people have a habbit of leaving then caring on as befor! but i dont believe at all that none of it is reversable smoking especially is

ohh tammy
i hope all goes well for you and they get it sorted at least they trying to get to bottom of this.
are you still feeling not right?
takecare emmax

thank you all so much. day 3 winth no cigs am grumpy and moody but not gonna give in!!! will keep you all posted x

we'll get you sorted tomorrow tammy, there will be no more grumpiness once we hit manchester!

thats just depressed me even more!!!! no shopping, eating or drinking am gutted:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

oh no lol hang on while i try and get my foot out of my mouth :whoopass:

Hiya

I too had to give up smoking . but i decided to do it as part of my new life with the bypass. And i must say as much as i missed smoking after a meal etc . my lungs feel so much better and i dont get that horrid coughing and wheezing in the mornings.

But as the doc said a warning sign that doesnt mean your doomed but its a sign to kick ya self in gear. And we all have to admit that smoking is a killer for everyone . although if my wife gave up my life would be a living hell :D:D:D

Hi Tammy chick, sorry not posted sooner. I am sure you will be fine and stopping smoking is a good move. I dont smoke so dont know how hard it is to give up but you will reap the rewards when you do. We are all here to support you along the way....((hug))xx

Back