• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy------Surgery

laurajlucy

How long is it usually between having the camera and surgery?? Iam under SRH if that helps??
Am chomping at the bit now i have my endoscopy date and hope to be DONE by xmas??!! xx

I have been placed on the short notice list, so fingers crossed!! xxxx

I had my endoscopy last November and still waiting for my op, still waiting to be listed too!! sigh!

I heard they have to do surgery within 6 months of endoscopy, but it's usually 3 - 5 month after.
Good luck with it all.
When's your endoscopy and how long has it taken to get this far?

Thanks. My endoscopy is for the 14th Sept. Now how long it took haha...
Referal: Feb 2010
Group seminar: March 2010
Dietician: July 2010
Surgeon: Oct 2010<<Cancelled, Nov 2010<<Cancelled, Feb 2011<<CANCELLED!! June 2nd 2011: Seen surgeon and put on list!!:D:D:D xx

I had my endoscopy done last December and not going in for my op until September, which is 9 months!

Am glad I had it done though, as they discovered I have a hiatal hernia, an ulcer and gastritis caused by H.Pylori! Went on antibiotics for the infection and am getting my hernia repaired when I get banded *lol*

I think its where they put a camera down your throat! nice lol

mmm, I don't think our hospital does them, I have only one more appointment with the surgeon, then just the pre op to go!
Doesn't sound much fun though.

i have been put on the short notice list at SRH but dont have to have a endoscopy, its been 1 month since i got put on the list so hopefully it will b soon haha x

i have been put on the short notice list at SRH but dont have to have a endoscopy, its been 1 month since i got put on the list so hopefully it will b soon haha x
OHH, I thought there were compulsary at SRH?? xx:confused::confused:

not as far as i am aware, wen i spoke to him he didnt mention it he said i would recive a letter what they send to my doctors then just ave 2 wait for my op date, i have recived that letter that was sent 2 t doc so hopefully anytime soon i wil get my op date through, it might depend wether or not their is health problems involved? i have not health problems at all apart from i am over weight so unless thats he didnt mention it? x

I was under the impression that regardeless of health Sunderland had a strict Endoscopy policy??
Don't want to deflate you hun but i'd ring and make sure. Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones. Keeping my fingers crossed for you xxxx

Back