• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy------Surgery

How long is it usually between having the camera and surgery?? Iam under SRH if that helps??
Am chomping at the bit now i have my endoscopy date and hope to be DONE by xmas??!! xx

was 8 days for me as i got a late cancelation and had everything done in 2 weeks :) x

Wow Louise! that was a quick turnaround! I had endoscopy 5 weeks ago today at SRH and rang the secretary on Monday to check waiting list length and she said 4-6 months from endoscopy. Mr Balupuri asked if I would be prepared to go in on a weekend for surgery. does anyone know if that is the same as the short notice list? thanks Lynne xxx

was 8 days for me as i got a late cancelation and had everything done in 2 weeks :) x
WOW that's fab hun! Eeeee I hope I get something sooner rather than later. Praying am done before xmas xxx:D

well i rang the hospital regarding having the tube down b4 my op, my surgens secretery said i should of had it done b4 i got put on the list!!! she said because it was her fault i have not had it done she would keep es on the list nd try nd get me a appointment sent through for the tube but to ring bk up the following week 2 make sure she had sent it it off, so i rang friday nd the woman i spoke to had gone home so i explained to the other receptionist and she had a look at my file nd notes on system and she says i dont need 1!!! their is nothing on my file or system to say i need one the thing that is on is that i am the short notice nd wekend list but apart from that nothing else, so just confused cos 1 person is tellin me 1 thing nd another tellin sum it else xx

well i rang the hospital regarding having the tube down b4 my op, my surgens secretery said i should of had it done b4 i got put on the list!!! she said because it was her fault i have not had it done she would keep es on the list nd try nd get me a appointment sent through for the tube but to ring bk up the following week 2 make sure she had sent it it off, so i rang friday nd the woman i spoke to had gone home so i explained to the other receptionist and she had a look at my file nd notes on system and she says i dont need 1!!! their is nothing on my file or system to say i need one the thing that is on is that i am the short notice nd wekend list but apart from that nothing else, so just confused cos 1 person is tellin me 1 thing nd another tellin sum it else xx
Is this at Sunderland?

I was done in Sunderland and was told no camera no op. I have no health problems other than weight. But in answer to your original question it was 6 mths from camera to op and I was done on a Saturday x

yeah its sunderland, thats y i am confused, if i do have 2 have 1 how come their is no record of it considering she said she would try nd sort it x

yeah its sunderland, thats y i am confused, if i do have 2 have 1 how come their is no record of it considering she said she would try nd sort it x
when I had mine done the consultant said that it for his benefit and not mine that I was having it done so as he could see where to put the staples. I also was under the impression that it was normal process at SRH.

if I were you I would ring them again just to make sure that you don't need one. just for your own piece of mind.

They also take a small biopsy while in there and I was found to have h.pylori which had to be treated with 2 antibiotics.

be interesting to here your outcome!

good luck!

Lynne
xxx

i have rang again this morning nd spoke to the person i did 1st time round nd pleased i did cos she has getten me a appointment to get it done the end of sept so i feel better in my self knowin its getten it done, just ave 2 get that out the way nd wait for my actual op date lol xx

yeah i am pleased i did ring so i no were i stand, at least i no i am still on t list nd am gettin it done as soon as ha x

yeah i am pleased i did ring so i no were i stand, at least i no i am still on t list nd am gettin it done as soon as ha x
great news! it's not the nicest thing I've had done but it's over with in a couple of minutes. hopefully your appointment will come round soon. the staff were lovely a SRH too so made you feel better. another step along your journey to tick off the list. :)

lynne
xxx

Back