• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling Fed Up with SRH

NEDebz

Hi Folks

I know I'm just grumbling and there is absolutely nothing at all I can do about the situation but am feeling really cheesed off with SRH.

I had my endoscopy on 24th March and was told to expect a wait of around 6 months for my op which I totally expected. Whats really getting to me though is that I see (what feels like) loads of other people who have had their endoscopy either around the same time as me or later than me and they are having their ops done soon or have already had them done. I've phoned SRH and have been told I still have to wait until Sept. I thought SRH ran a 1st come 1st served waiting list? It appears not and I would love to know how some of us are waiting the full six months and other only 2-3 months.

Please note, this isn't a go at anybody here who has had their op recently, good luck to you and I wish you every success.

I'm just feeling a bit frustrated by the inconsistencies :(

im not 100% sure but i think it has something to do with your actual PCT? as in mine is Sunderland, i would assume yours is south tyneside?? ... although dont quote me it just seems from speaking with other people not from sunderland but using sunderland they may have also waited a bit longer??

ring SRH and ask?? i dont know sorry!

september will be here soon xx

NEDebz i know how you feel,and sadly its not just your area , there seems to be no 100% system,and it is very upsetting to see but what can we do?,,our time will come ,and lifes not fair , but i knew that when i woke up next to my hubby and not ray winstone the other morning! lol ,, not making light of it but if we really let it get to us wed be crying ,do they do the phychol/ assesment , and if your ok , spend the next months trying to send us round the bend? with all these ups and downs ,? xgood luck, keep ya chin up ,will be our turn soon xx

same issue here hun, one of my apts was cancelled and 2 months later received a cancellation so delayed my endoscopy. Had the endoscopy ages ago and when i rang srh, i am also told sept....

I dont know but could it be a case of prioritising cases?
Ie someone with more urgent medical needs would be put up for surgery first?
I go for my first seminar appointment on aug 10th, and tbh i am expecting a lenghty wait, i doubt i'll be in for surgery until next year.Though I am already going through sleep apnea tests anyway, and recently started victoza for my diabetes.....

as for a psych exam, i can already tell them I am nuts :Z

fingers crossed yo make it in september, i can imagine how totally gutted I will be if my dates keep changing.it's the wait isnt it,the nerves and all the build up etc.

goodluck!

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling a bit brighter this morning, just fed totally fed up yesterday. All the waiting takes its toll at times!!

Mrs SAFC, I wouldn't dare hassle them anymore, I'm scared they'll get fed up with me and put me to the back of the queue lol xx

lol i rang nearly everyday for about a month - we were on first name terms leading up to my surgery date!! and i emailled!

i agree the waiting is a nightmare and it took all me strength to maintain my weight loss!!!!

I felt like that I rang every week, but I was told at one point it depended on which surgeons list you were on, maybe you should ask which Surgeon is doing your op.

September will be here in no time, Karen x

Back