• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy

louise1983

Hi every one im waiting for my appointment for a endoscopy which im really looking forward to NOT :( ive been told they carnt fully sedate you as u need to swallow when they need you to, have many of you had this done and is it really as bad im im being told
:( :(
Louise xx

Louise it’s nothing to worry about.
I had mine without having sedation and it is not as bad as everyone told me. It just feels a little uncomfortable but it only took about 10 to 15 mins after they give you the numbing spray. The worse part I found was the taste of the numbing spray.

i had it done at Sunderland but just the numbing spray it was god dam awfull, take the sedation, i was offered it and refused i regretted that x

hi Liz i asked kim if they could sedate me as my gag reflex is so bad i gag just brushing my teeth :( and she said they wouldnt do it but may semi sedate me so that im still awake she has put in my notes how bad i am lol
Hope to see u at the next meeting x
Louise

im hoping and praying they wont do this to me!!! im holding out x

yep its semi sedation chick you will be aware but it wont be as stressfull as with out just swallow when he says swallow it takes a few minutes but it will be better with sedation, sorry i dont wanna scare you but i didnt like the experience to be honest, i shall cya next meeting louise x

oooo dero!!!......OMG!!!!!!!! so if it does that what if we forget like where we've parked, or who our partners ( my case hubbi is ) and we walk stright past them!! yikes i didnt realise that!!!

haaaaa yes, i have images of me wondering around aimlessly trying to find the car hahhahahaha actually what am i on about that happens EVERYTIME i go out, i remember i got lost in a boots store would you believe it!!!! it was in milton keynes so it was a huuuuge one and the hubba had to search for me for lik 1 hour hahahhahahah

With the sedation its exactly like being drunk!:party0016: I had one a couple of years ago for an investigation into stomach ulcers (I was clear thank god!) but can't remember too much about it apart from feelling like I'd had about 15 pints... :drunk: My dear dad was the same when he had his - have you ever seen a more embarrassing sight than a 50+ man giggling like a little girl in the back of a fiesta?

sounds dreadfull, i hope they dont require me to have on eof them! xxx still i hope it goes well for you hun x

With the sedation its exactly like being drunk!:party0016: I had one a couple of years ago for an investigation into stomach ulcers (I was clear thank god!) but can't remember too much about it apart from feelling like I'd had about 15 pints... :drunk: My dear dad was the same when he had his - have you ever seen a more embarrassing sight than a 50+ man giggling like a little girl in the back of a fiesta?

Sounds like fun to me lol xxx

:eek::eek::eek:
ERMMM Why do we have to have an endoscopy???? x:confused:

i think its to see everythings ok with the stomach before they do the op xx

Not that i mind just wondered as not came across it as yet!! xx

It is a bit like being drunk you know they are doing it you hear them talking to you but you have no memory. They keep you in for a couple of hours after it and the only thing i suffered from was a bit of a rough throat. Hubby had to collect me as i wasn't to drive until next day. I'm taking my 14 year old daughter for one on the 20th Aug so fingers crossed she believes her mum xx

Back