• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy??

HoPe*87*

Hi,
Not even sure how to spell endoscopy never mind what it's all about lol. My question is why don't I have to go for one I have my date for my op and the surgeon said I didn't have to have one I just went straight on to the waiting list. Not that I'm complaining I'm pleased just curious xx

I have no idea, I thought it was standard routine at SRH thats where they found I had a hernia and an infection so needed antibiotics first. Am sure there will be a reason n I wudnt complain either lol I found that worse than the op itself xx

Last edited:
safc_chick said:
I have no idea, I thought it was standard routine at SRH thats where they found I had a hernia and an infection so needed antibiotics first. Am sure there will be a reason n I wudnt complain either lol I found that worse than the op itself xx

I thought it was compulsory but I don't have to have one :) bit worried at the same time tho as to why I don't :( xxxx

Try not to worry urself am sure they no wot they doing, how old r u if u dont mind me asking maybe its only wen u hit a certain age u need 1, I'm 32 so maybe younger are less likely to have any complications or have u have any antibiotics recently? cause that would of killed of any infections xx

is the 87 in ur name ur date of yr? xx

safc_chick said:
Try not to worry urself am sure they no wot they doing, how old r u if u dont mind me asking maybe its only wen u hit a certain age u need 1, I'm 32 so maybe younger are less likely to have any complications or have u have any antibiotics recently? cause that would of killed of any infections xx

I'm 24, I haven't had antibiotics lately. He did ask if I ever suffer from heart burn which I don't so he said there was no need for endoscopy xxx

yeh it will be something simple I did suffer heartburn not bad but did mention it, and yr age will help as they say the younger the healthier so try to think of urself as lucky honestly its horrid xx

Lucky you, lol. I wish I didn't need to have that done. that is the only part of the whole of my surgery what am dreading. Hope you no waiting to long on the waiting list x

He did ask if I ever suffer from heart burn which I don't so he said there was no need for endoscopy xxx

At sunderland, all bypass patients have an endo but sleevers only have one if they suffer from heart burn as they may have to have a bypass instead - thankfully my endo was fine so can still have a sleeve.

Not long now hun x

newcy said:
At sunderland, all bypass patients have an endo but sleevers only have one if they suffer from heart burn as they may have to have a bypass instead - thankfully my endo was fine so can still have a sleeve.

Not long now hun x

Awwh right!! I get it now lol. Glad I'm getting the sleeve :) not long at all now its my last weekend of eating normal. I start the pre op diet on Tuesday!! Xxx

caraline said:
Lucky you, lol. I wish I didn't need to have that done. that is the only part of the whole of my surgery what am dreading. Hope you no waiting to long on the waiting list x

I've got my date 3rd of Feb!! Hope ur journey goes quick for u xx

I start the pre op diet on Tuesday!! Xxx

You'll do gr8! The time will fly by and you'll having your last night before the op in no time at all x

Awwh right!! I get it now lol. Glad I'm getting the sleeve :) not long at all now its my last weekend of eating normal. I start the pre op diet on Tuesday!! Xxx

I'm having a wrap and we have to go through with one :(

Damn private clinic, I had to choose the one I felt safe with that insists on 50billion damn tests :(

Really not looking forward to having that shoved down my throat...

Anon1986 said:
I'm having a wrap and we have to go through with one :(

Damn private clinic, I had to choose the one I felt safe with that insists on 50billion damn tests :(

Really not looking forward to having that shoved down my throat...

U have done the right thing tho if I was private I'd choose the one with the most tests to coz u knw there doing there job right then! I would have liked the wrap but NHS don't do it so I'm getting the sleeve. Where and when are u getting ur op? Xx

newcy said:
You'll do gr8! The time will fly by and you'll having your last night before the op in no time at all x

To be honest the pre op diet doesn't seem to bad. I've put myself through a lot worse trying to lose weight. Just nervous about the op and the hospital stay I hate being away from home. Doesn't help that my other half is even more nervous than I am!! Xx

To be honest the pre op diet doesn't seem to bad. I've put myself through a lot worse trying to lose weight. Just nervous about the op and the hospital stay I hate being away from home. Doesn't help that my other half is even more nervous than I am!! Xx

LOL that's so true, some of the diets I've tried have been horrendous. I've been having slimfast for lunch and yogurt for lunch to try to have a practice run but I think I'll do ok when the time comes - hopefully!

I'm scared of being put under the anaesthetic but otherwise I'm just so excited to start my new life!

My hubby is the most laid back person (always glass half-full) so he's not worried thankfully but he works away so he's more concerned how I'll cope post-op with 2 kids. However, I have the most amazing Mum so I know it will be fine x

newcy said:
LOL that's so true, some of the diets I've tried have been horrendous. I've been having slimfast for lunch and yogurt for lunch to try to have a practice run but I think I'll do ok when the time comes - hopefully!

I'm scared of being put under the anaesthetic but otherwise I'm just so excited to start my new life!

My hubby is the most laid back person (always glass half-full) so he's not worried thankfully but he works away so he's more concerned how I'll cope post-op with 2 kids. However, I have the most amazing Mum so I know it will be fine x

My other half is a worrier he's been looking it up on the net and seeing horror stories!! Doesn't see all the positives tho. He is supporting me tho.

I just want to skip the op the liquids and purée stage and go back to eating normal but smaller portions. Wishful thinking lol x

I think the worst diet I was on must have been Cambridge I could only stomach the milk shakes so I lived on 3 of those a day for 2 months. Pre op should be a doddle xxxx

Back