• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Energy....

claire-anna

Feel exhausted, shattered, run down, sad, eating between 500 and 800kcals a day at the mo and on mushy foods..

I taking my vitamins and know its my body adjusting, but is there anything else I can do.. Im due to start work full time in Monday and really don't feel up to it :( even after 9 hours sleep I can't bare to get outta bed..

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

claire-anna said:
Feel exhausted, shattered, run down, sad, eating between 500 and 800kcals a day at the mo and on mushy foods..

I taking my vitamins and know its my body adjusting, but is there anything else I can do.. Im due to start work full time in Monday and really don't feel up to it :( even after 9 hours sleep I can't bare to get outta bed..

You're only a few weeks out aren't you? It's all to be expected....I remember my first two weeks at work, I was shattered but I just had to get on with it. Worst case scenario go to your docs to be signed off? Xx

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

JO28172 said:
You're only a few weeks out aren't you? It's all to be expected....I remember my first two weeks at work, I was shattered but I just had to get on with it. Worst case scenario go to your docs to be signed off? Xx

Yeah it be 3 weeks on Tuesday... It's just frustrating. Shall I try upping my calories? Maybe through fruit juice? How long did u have off work?x

what sort of food are you eating? well done on a great weight loss so far x

*Hugs* I went through a sad, despondent stage where I could have stayed in bed all day. Your body is going through all kinds of emotions at the moment and it will take some time for you to adjust. Also, it's only now that I realise a lot of my happiness in the day was due to food! Now that I don't have that it can leave you feeling empty and sad until we find things to replace that with. Basically, all of us who have had any type of WLS have to rewire our brains and bodies and learn to accept this new way of life and work with it and not against it :)
I hope that you feel better soon, hun x

Do you like beetroot its supposed to give off the same feel good toxins as chocolate also turkey apparently to give you a sense of wellbeing and energy xx worth a tryxx

Listen to your body...go see your GP for advice, you may not be fit enough for work yet...everyone is different so, don't judge yourself by another persons experience of recovery. Hope you start to feel better soon. x

terri.c said:
what sort of food are you eating? well done on a great weight loss so far x

Thanks, yeah I've lost 2 stone and happy with the losses... I'm typical day is
B - 2 eggs scrambled with a dash of brown sauce or 1 weetabix
L - home made cornedbeef hash
D- smash potato with bisto or bit of a tin of minced meat in gravy or bit of tin of stew.
snacks would be SF jelly with low fat custard, frubes or a melted baby bel light.

I'm just stuck for ideas at this soft stage... Probably why I'm miserable... X

Fading Grace said:
*Hugs* I went through a sad, despondent stage where I could have stayed in bed all day. Your body is going through all kinds of emotions at the moment and it will take some time for you to adjust. Also, it's only now that I realise a lot of my happiness in the day was due to food! Now that I don't have that it can leave you feeling empty and sad until we find things to replace that with. Basically, all of us who have had any type of WLS have to rewire our brains and bodies and learn to accept this new way of life and work with it and not against it :)
I hope that you feel better soon, hun x

You have hit the nail on the head I think.. Food was my happiness in the day.... I'm sure when I am on solids and can start going to fitness classes again I'll feel a lot better... Thanks :) x

chrisa said:
Do you like beetroot its supposed to give off the same feel good toxins as chocolate also turkey apparently to give you a sense of wellbeing and energy xx worth a tryxx

Oooooh I tried beet root before as my dad takes it daily to help with his MS... Horrid horrid stuff..but thanks for the suggestion... Oooh I would love some turkey :). Got nearly 4 weeks to go though before I can eat solids :( x

Delicious-Jax said:
Listen to your body...go see your GP for advice, you may not be fit enough for work yet...everyone is different so, don't judge yourself by another persons experience of recovery. Hope you start to feel better soon. x

My GP hasn't been very supportive :( I'm going to give work a try, my work has been excellent so if I'm struggling I'm sure they will support me... Thanks I am getting stronger by the day x

Take it easy....no medals for bravery! I had 2wk off but a) had band and b) we are all different so don't go by me or others...listen to your shrinking body and if it's too much go home x

I've been going to lots of gigs and shows and things. I've found that it changes my outlook on everything :) if you follow Showfilmfirst on twitter,vthey're always giving out free tickets to things and not just in London.
Also, it doesn't look like you're eating many natural things only stuff from a tin. Some people react badly to the additives they put in tinned food, maybe it's affecting your moods? I think some can mess with your hormones.

Thump said:
I've been going to lots of gigs and shows and things. I've found that it changes my outlook on everything :) if you follow Showfilmfirst on twitter,vthey're always giving out free tickets to things and not just in London.
Also, it doesn't look like you're eating many natural things only stuff from a tin. Some people react badly to the additives they put in tinned food, maybe it's affecting your moods? I think some can mess with your hormones.

I'll follow that on twitter thx... I don't really know where to start with cooking.. I am going to take tips from slimming world red days when I can eat solids.. I'm just finding this part difficult. With mushy food I feel really limited. X

wildchild said:
Are you taking in enough protein?

Probably not... I have had 50grams today according to myfitnesspal.. But not sure if that is accurate.
I'm going to have protein shakes next week whilst in work.. 3 weeks left to go on mushy food.. Any tips for protein meals at this stage?

claire-anna said:
Thanks, yeah I've lost 2 stone and happy with the losses... I'm typical day is
B - 2 eggs scrambled with a dash of brown sauce or 1 weetabix
L - home made cornedbeef hash
D- smash potato with bisto or bit of a tin of minced meat in gravy or bit of tin of stew.
snacks would be SF jelly with low fat custard, frubes or a melted baby bel light.

I'm just stuck for ideas at this soft stage... Probably why I'm miserable... X

How long ago did u have ur sleeve op, mine will be 4 weeks on Monday and I can't get that much down me, I tired scrambled egg the other day and really didn't agree with me, I can manage soup or mashed potato but defo not minced meat

Heatherjojo said:
How long ago did u have ur sleeve op, mine will be 4 weeks on Monday and I can't get that much down me, I tired scrambled egg the other day and really didn't agree with me, I can manage soup or mashed potato but defo not minced meat

I had the wrap... The portions are tiny mind I try to have a bit of variety through the day eating about 600kcals on average.. The mince meat is from a tin so it is very soft and I can mash it up.. X

As I've started back at work I seem to have gained a bit of energy.. I was prob used to sitting about after having 3 weeks off.. Lol.. Going to start exercising next week :). Bit gutted tho as put on 3lbs :(

Back