• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 days on...

MissCupcake

Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good xmas?

Just thought i'd drop by and give you my 4 day update.

I had my surgery on Fri 23rd Dec.

Well the surgery was fine, was up and about fairly quickly (about 4 hours after surgery) and I managed to tolerate 1/2 a cuppa soup and lots of tea/water.
One thing I wasnt expecting was to have such a dry throat from the anaesthetic (something to prepare any pre-oppers).

Friday night sleep was fine as I felt shattered anyway.

Saturday I had 1/2 a small yoghurt for breakfast with tea and water.
The driver drove my partner and I to a hotel near my mum's and the journey was fine, great driver.

Pain wise I had taken some liquid paracetamol and some dis-solvable panadol over night, but the pain I was feeling wasn't ever unbearable to be honest, the wounds themselves were fine, the only thing that knocked me back was the trapped wind.

Saturday I has 1/4 of a tin of soup and 1/3 of a yoghurt but had no real appetite.

Went to bed at the hotel and woke up around 3 hours later, the trapped wind pain was fairly bad, I walked around and chewed a windeez, i find that generally being mobile helps take the sharp edge of the pain. Took some painkillers and managed to get back to sleep.

Sunday (xmas day) was fine, I ate 1/2 a yoghurt for breakfast with peppermint tea/tea/ and NAS Squash throughout the morning.

Lunch (whilst my family and boyfriend were eating the hugest roast you have ever seen ) I had 1/3 of a tin of soup.

I felt a little tired in the afternoon and we went back to the hotel for a nap, I did feel a little ill but I think its just my body/emotions getting used to all of the massive changes.

Back to my mums in the evening and I managed another 1/2 a cuppa soup.

Sunday night was okish, same as previous night in that i woke up every couple of hours with bad wind however a little walk around seemed to help.

Monday morning I had a cup of tea and 1/2 a yoghurt.

Travelled back to my house in London and the journey was fine.
I noticed my wound dressings were starting to come loose so i checked my information pack given to me by the hospital and it said that around 3-5 days was the right time to take these off.

I had a little peak at my scars and was surprised at how small they were except for the scar where my port s which is around 2 1/2 inches.

I had a 1/2 tin of soup and loads of fluids.
I used a hot water bottle to help with the wind pain and just embraced the unpleasant noises that my belly has been making.

Last nights sleep was fine, I have now realised I can sleep on my rght side fairly comfortably with a pillow underneath my side so that has helped. Also was the first night I went to sleep with no painkillers.

Tuesday:

Today has been fine, went out into town for some exercise and to help the wind.

I received a follow up call from my hospital asking how I was.

Also have been rather constipated since the surgery so bought some laxatives to help move things along.

one note for pre-oppers:

Buy multi vitamins (chewy) that include calcium.

Buy laxatives just incase.

Have eaten 1/2 a yoghurt for breakfast, 1/3 tin of soup for lunch and another 1/3 tin of soup for dinner with lots of tea/milk/nas squash and juice in between.

I also removed all dressing today and had my first proper shower (which was a relief).

I will update again at the end of the week when I am due for my first weigh in (exciting).

Speak Soon,

Sophie xxx

what a great informative post glad things went well for you

your doing very well xxx

Wow you have done so well, and you are eating really early on, i dont think i ate for a week before i could even contemplate soup, still cant manage yoghurt.

did you have to travel a long way for your op? how come you couldnt have it where you live? ( sorry i dont know your story x)

Hey,

I think that the recovery for bypass and band are slightly different, bypass surgery I can imagine takes a lot out of you!

I'm based in london and I went private for my surgery. I used the hospital group based in harley street as they have a great reputation. They own their own private hospital in birmingham and they provide a driver to take you to and from.. Plus the hospital is more like a hotel.. Lovely are private and quiet. Just what I needed.x

Hey,

I think that the recovery for bypass and band are slightly different, bypass surgery I can imagine takes a lot out of you!

I'm based in london and I went private for my surgery. I used the hospital group based in harley street as they have a great reputation. They own their own private hospital in birmingham and they provide a driver to take you to and from.. Plus the hospital is more like a hotel.. Lovely are private and quiet. Just what I needed.x

i went private too but had bypass - the hospital i was in was like a hotel too - just a shame i couldnt sample the food hahaha x

aww i guess the upside to private is the comfortability.

How are you getting on now? weight wise? I cant wait to start seeing the results.

:)

aww i guess the upside to private is the comfortability.

How are you getting on now? weight wise? I cant wait to start seeing the results.

:)

my weight loss seems to have hit the plateau point at the moment, so a bit browned off to be honest, but sine 7th nov i have lost about 34 lbs so that in it self is a bonus - i just wish it would move i am right on the stone now and desperate to get under it - but ihavent actually lost anything for the last 2.5 weeks sadly x

Thanks for the post. I go for my band on the 4th feb so your updates are really useful for me to add to my preparation. X

Glad all went well Hun happy healing x

Welcome back ... and get better soon xxx

Back