• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Absolutely shattered!!

chrisa

Hi all have recently started running/jogging/walking over the last 3 weeks, I enjoy going out first thing in the morning bout 5am I have been taking allmy vitamins and drinking water and keeping up with the protein the weight is still coming down albe it very slowly now but yesterday i got up and I was absolutely shattered by last night I could not keep my eyes open you would think I was drugged was in bed by 10 and hoped thta I would maybe get out for a run today but couldnt get uptoday got up before 7 usually set off for work at 7.30 have been lethargic all day slightly better than yesterday but have had a little sleep at tea time still bit tired so not sure why does anyone else feel like this??? Not due for my B6 injection til middle next month so can't be that. Maybe to much exercise??:confused::confused::confused::cry::sigh:

Me too just had my b12 injection and blood test to check my levels as I feel shattered, not normal tiredness. I can have a full 12 hrs sleep and still need a nap through the day and have fatigue all day too with my arms and legs feeling heavy and migraines. All my blood tests normal. I always thought I felt tiered because of being big and I would find energy when smaller which hasn't happened :( off to the docs I go as i can't go on like this. Hope you feel better soon x

I dunno my brain is not working either the one we have to have every 3 months think its B12. x

Your levels could be low due to the extra exercise. Try eating more iron rich foods like red meat etc. you could also be tired because your body is adjusting to all the extra exercise :)

Me too just had my b12 injection and blood test to check my levels as I feel shattered, not normal tiredness. I can have a full 12 hrs sleep and still need a nap through the day and have fatigue all day too with my arms and legs feeling heavy and migraines. All my blood tests normal. I always thought I felt tiered because of being big and I would find energy when smaller which hasn't happened :( off to the docs I go as i can't go on like this. Hope you feel better soon x
Yep needs sorting out if mine keeps like this the exercise regime will go otu the window and I don't break up from schoolt ill next Wed so have to keep going xxgood luck hope you get some answers you still only few months out. xxtake care xx:eek:

Your levels could be low due to the extra exercise. Try eating more iron rich foods like red meat etc. you could also be tired because your body is adjusting to all the extra exercise :)
I wondered if it could bethat, also i haev hayfever and it has been really bad of late this wet weather makes it worse for me, I have prescription tabs for it but when its bad i am allowed by doc to take something else as well something otc, sometimes these can make me sleepy but only had the one n that was on Sunday. Can't see it been that would be well through my system now. xx:confused:

It does sound like bloods but no idea what? It seemed to come on very quickly if you could exercise one day but too tired to do it the next. I would see your GP & see what he has to say ... can't be too careful honey & it could just be a virus & nothing to do with WLS, which we always assume any symptoms will be linked to. :wave_cry::wave_cry:xxx

It does sound like bloods but no idea what? It seemed to come on very quickly if you could exercise one day but too tired to do it the next. I would see your GP & see what he has to say ... can't be too careful honey & it could just be a virus & nothing to do with WLS, which we always assume any symptoms will be linked to. :wave_cry::wave_cry:xxx

I don't feel unwell just very tired fingrs x doesn't continue n gets better xx or its docs for me xx;)

It just may be fatigue. I don't know how far post op you guys are, but you have to remember your bodies may not still be used to their new way of working. This will make things twice as hard for it to do. Hence the physical fatigue. What ever it is, hope you feel better and more energised soon :)

It just may be fatigue. I don't know how far post op you guys are, but you have to remember your bodies may not still be used to their new way of working. This will make things twice as hard for it to do. Hence the physical fatigue. What ever it is, hope you feel better and more energised soon :)

I am nearly 11months post op and have always been active and dont give in easily, think it may be have been pushing my body too much but I need to do some more vigorous exercise to help the weight loss to continue I ahve never been able to loose weight without drinking water and exercise, always been that way for me, while I am happy with what I have lost I was active n ate quite healthy before my op just struggled to loose weight n keep it off but it never stopped me gyming or zumbering or dancing, always enjoyed that kind of thing but running was something new that I can just take easy and build it up which i am trying to do, I am still working full time and have been under a lot of stress at work too which i think may have contributed as well so think it may be a combination we hoping to have a party for a friends birthday at weekend so will have a good laugh that should help recharge the batteriesxx;)

I've been having a lot of hay fever too Chrisa and sometimes it makes me run down, almost feels like having a light cold. So if you are taking meds for it too it could be that. Keep an eye on yourself and see how you feel after the weekend. If no better maybe go for a chat with your GP :) x

Have you tried Spatone? It's a liquid source of iron that you take daily in pure orange juice. Worked wonders for me.
Hope you feel better soon xx

Hi ALL finally been to docs thursday and went back friday to have full bloods done. Still exhausted have pain in my knee like toothache the jogging has stopped the doc says just walking too much pounding giving me strain on my knee, very tired and cold just hope something comes up from the bloods, have broken up form school wed so thats out of the way, but has been a difficult year both school n op wise, I go away for few days with some friends tomorrow 6 ladies no hubby's so hopefully will recharge some of me batteries. Thanx all x

Hi all have had my time away with the girls was aboslutely brilliant, got the results of my bloods back and everything is normal, still tired. xx Keep on plodding xx

If you can't do normal jogging, have you thought about Aqua Jogging? A lot less strain on the knees, but lots of fun :)

Sorry to hear this :( Have you tried cutting out any caffiene? It may be that you're suddenly absorbing caffiene better and so having harder crashes.

Sorry to hear this :( Have you tried cutting out any caffiene? It may be that you're suddenly absorbing caffiene better and so having harder crashes.

Haven't tried that Yve the only real caffeine I have will be in tea I have stopped drinking coffee, mostly water I have now, so its not excessive specially since I'm off work, don't bother when at home x but will look at that thanx;)

Back