• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Everything getting stuck!

scnewbie

Help! I've had band 13 months and everything went great up until 8 days ago. Everything is getting stuck, water juice food everything! I'm not in pain when I don't eat or drink. It starts as soon as I swallow anything! I contacted my provider and am awaiting email back. I know they will say that it sounds like I need a de-fill. But why on earth all of a sudden when everything was totally fine, then to nothing going down. I tried fizzy drink to see if it was something stuck but the pain of it! Any advice???

No real advise sweetheart apart from contact your provider (which you've done) i hope they get back to you very soon..... keep your fluids up. Could it be time of the month? stress? they all seem to take there toll on the band. I have an empty band and just this week i'm suffering with a cold and as a result it feels different than normal......

Wishing you all the best... i hope someone gets back to you soon. x x x x

Help! I've had band 13 months and everything went great up until 8 days ago. Everything is getting stuck, water juice food everything! I'm not in pain when I don't eat or drink. It starts as soon as I swallow anything! I contacted my provider and am awaiting email back. I know they will say that it sounds like I need a de-fill. But why on earth all of a sudden when everything was totally fine, then to nothing going down. I tried fizzy drink to see if it was something stuck but the pain of it! Any advice???

You may need a de fil. I used to be banded. When this happened to me it had slipped due to being very sick on meds I was given for arthritis. If you can drink lots of fluids, sip sip sip if you have to. Don't worry about food, liquids are important. You may need to go on slush for a bit.
Good luck

Hey! Much better thanks. My oesophagas was inflamed! Thank god because I was afraid the band had slipped! I had to go on fluids for a few days but it has gone. I'm finding the band is very tight in the mornings but other than that all is back to normal! Thanks so much for the help and advice. It's amazing how we can jump to conclusions and think the worst haha! Xxx

Back