• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling dizzy when getting up Any one else?

12dobidog

Over the last few days I have been feeling very dizzy when I stand up.
I have not changed my eating or drinking and feel good most of the time.
Yesterday it happened twice and on the second I managed to rearrange a lot of the furniture in the lounge as I fell, made a grab for the armchair which went one way, the coffee table went the other, the rug ended up the other end of the room and the poor dog wondered what the bloody hell was going on. My wife came in and asked if I had damaged the table then asked if I was ok. My 2 daughters just stood there almost wetting them selves.
I caught my elbow but other than that I am fine.
Has any one else experienced the dizzyness?

yes i have hun and its been happening for a few months no ive heard other wls friends mention this to so i think its just something to do with the op but if your worried id go and see your doc and maybe get some tests done ie bp and bloods done but i dont think its anythin to worry bout but im not a doc i feel quite fit and healthy to so im sure its nothing bad i think maybe just our bodys getin used to not lifting as much weight as it used to lol like when you pik something up that you think is heavy then you realise its not and you near fall over if you knw what i mean maybe this is what is happening to our bodys lol and thats why we go dizzy hahahahahaa

Me! Me! Me!!!!!

I get it really badly every single time I stand up, and have even passed out a few times.

I went to see my gp about it yesterday. I've never seen her before & she was more than useless tbh.

She told me off for losing 7st in 7 months & said no wonder I'm dizzy as I'm eating so little.

She prescribed me some anti-dizziness pills, and I have to go and have blood tests next week.

So, we'll see what happens........

xxx

omg pookie didnt you tell her youd had the op what a silly doc surley she should of seen by your notes that youve had an op silly moo some docs to my bloody hed in.

It was the very first thing I told her!

She advised me to go back to my team and tell them that I am losing weight very quickly.

She also asked me why I'd had the bypass in the first place.

Hmmmmmm!!!!

xxx

Sorry i can't offer advice but just wanted to say am glad you only came away with a scrape on the elbow Bryan...

Get yourself checked out xx

pookie she sounds like a right divvy and prob against this type of thing so i wouldnt go bk to the crazy cow grrrrrrrrr docs like this really get my goat.x

I got this a lot when I was newly post-op and just made sure that I got up slowly and didnt bend down too much as that made it bad too. It eased off but now, seven and a half months on it happens a lot again. Im really not worried because it is just something that happens a lot to post-oppers, Im not sure why but I have read it a lot on here.
Steph xx

Ive been suffering with this for a while and my doctor checked everything and concluded i wasnt taking enough fluids ie water not tea and coffee so he told me to try and drink upto 3 litres of water or nas cordial a day, now thats a lot but i have upped my fluids and i am better so maybe thats it, when i first had the op i drank a lot of fluids but i must admit it has dropped so i will carry on drinking more and see what happens.

It has been happening quite often to me and my blood pressure and heart rate are now both really low. All of my bloods checked out okay so the GP and the cardiologist they referred me onto said it is just my body adapting to its weight loss. When I get up I have to jiggle my extremities a bit to get the blood flowing and it has been happening less.

omg pookie didnt you tell her youd had the op what a silly doc surley she should of seen by your notes that youve had an op silly moo some docs to my bloody hed in.
i agree with you pinkylin what a silly cow but your message did make me laugh thanks

hi guys thank god another problem i can cross of the list down to the op and not me going mad

A couple of times this has happened to me. I'm not sure if it's because 'before' it was impossible to get up quick or not and my body is adjusting. I don't know. Not unduly worried at the minute.

That makes sense to me, Mixie. I get dizzy quite often when I stand up, but looking back I know that I used to take a while to stand up and now I just bounce up.

Hi Brian, are you drinking enough fluids? If not the blood becomes slightly thicker thus lowering blood pressure as it isn't being pumped around your body as efficiently. The reason you feel faint when getting up is because the blood/oxygen isn't reaching your brain as fast as it should. Solution is to increase fluid intake and also take your time to get up slowly.

Back