• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excited, terrified and frustrated all at once!

Su2ie

Had my endoscopy last Friday and the surgeon told me I would be put in the list. Was very surprised when I got a text this morning asking me to ring the appointments line to book!
I rang immediately feeling very excited and nervous and was offered a cancellation for 26th October!! Could have screamed!
And then the frustration hit because I'm not actually able to go in for that date because I'm away :(
Ordinarily I might have cancelled my plans but I'm going to a conference with my sister about a medical condition that we have and there are some really great doctors speaking. As it's quite a rare condition this is a great opportunity and I really don't want to miss it.

I hurriedly explained that I'm available any other date and normally able to take a cancellation at short notice! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for another.

I am slightly freaked out though as after waiting for a year I feel like it's all happening a bit quick - go figure!

I have no idea why I'm so terrified by the prospect of surgery as it's what I've been working towards for the last year, I could so easily talk myself out of it - cue the frustration again.

Think I just need to get on with it and stop over analysing!

Aww I know how you feel!! I've been on the list for 2 yrs and had to turn my first date down because my daughter broke her arm. I got another app for 3 weeks late- this Sunday!!! I've been so focused and excited up until now but it's now felling very real. From the advice I've had on here it's normal. Good luck Hun xxx

Oooh you must be excited! It's great you didn't have to wait too much longer after turning down your first date, fingers crossed I'll be lucky not to wait too long :)

It feels like such a long time coming when you're going through the process doesn't it but then suddenly becomes real when they start talking dates!

Hope all goes well for you on Sunday x

Where are you having your surgery? I'm at Sunderland xxx

Had my endoscopy last Friday and the surgeon told me I would be put in the list. Was very surprised when I got a text this morning asking me to ring the appointments line to book!
I rang immediately feeling very excited and nervous and was offered a cancellation for 26th October!! Could have screamed!
And then the frustration hit because I'm not actually able to go in for that date because I'm away :(
Ordinarily I might have cancelled my plans but I'm going to a conference with my sister about a medical condition that we have and there are some really great doctors speaking. As it's quite a rare condition this is a great opportunity and I really don't want to miss it.

I hurriedly explained that I'm available any other date and normally able to take a cancellation at short notice! Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for another.

I am slightly freaked out though as after waiting for a year I feel like it's all happening a bit quick - go figure!

I have no idea why I'm so terrified by the prospect of surgery as it's what I've been working towards for the last year, I could so easily talk myself out of it - cue the frustration again.

Think I just need to get on with it and stop over analysing!
Good luck hope you get another date soon x

Sunderland are whiz zing through their lists now cos they're doing weekend surgeries. It should be fast :) xxx

I'm just a bit freaked out.

After the endoscopy I expected to wait ages for another appointment with the surgeon before being listed then waiting ages for a surgery date. Had it in my mind around feb.

So didn't expect to be offered a date within 3 weeks. I'm not complaining though, can't wait to get it over with :)

I'm really freaking out this week leading up to the op- one minute I want to cancel it all then the next I'm excited. Crying then laughing!! Think it's normal for a while but it'll be worth it I'm sure :) shame you can't get in same time as me so there's someone to chat to!! Xxx

talk about sods law!! you wait and wait and then they pick the only day you can't do :( hopefully you get another cancellation.

Oh wouldn't that have been fab!

I'm sure you'll have people to chat to on the ward though.

I guess it's only natural to have a whirlwind of emotions but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine, you'll soon be out the other side and on the road to skinni-ness :)

It's just the idea of surgery that freaks me out. I haemorrhaged having my tonsils out and totally screamed the place down after the anaesthetic when I had my appendix out! Neither was a pleasant experience. I just have to stop myself dwelling on it too much or I'll never do it!

talk about sods law!! you wait and wait and then they pick the only day you can't do :( hopefully you get another cancellation.

I know!! The could have picked literally any other date and it would have been ok!

I'm on tenterhooks now and can't get it out of my head, really hope I don't have to wait too long :)

Back