• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nervous and excited

judi2302

I have checked with my GP after waiting for weeks and weeks to see if she'd heard anything from PCT for funding for bariatric surgery. She rung me back to say its been approved and surprised I haven't heard from Spire Hospitals.

Now I am excited and scared at the same time. I don't even know what surgery I'll be offered - will the offer be limited by what the PCT will pay or will the PCT pay for whatever the hospital advises? I don't know how long I have to wait to get anything from Spire Hospitals.

I am scared of not being able to eat what I want when I want and at the same time I'm relieved to know that everytime I'm anxious (a lot!!!) I won't be able to stuff my face. Oh dear I'm going on aren't I.

Wish me luck.

Hi there

Gr8 news for approved funding. did ur provider not tell u wot procedure they was applying for ? Because mine did as they all different prices etc and would have to tell the pct wot procedure and wot funds are needed.....good news all the same.

All the best - MeJulie xx

My GP applied to the PCT for funding so we could ask for weight loss surgery but not seen anyone from Spire Hospitals who I hope will tell me which type of surgery I'm best suited to.

Fantastic news about your funding!

My GP applied to the PCT for funding so we could ask for weight loss surgery but not seen anyone from Spire Hospitals who I hope will tell me which type of surgery I'm best suited to.

Oh right. Maybe its done different here because after seeing My surgeon and him agreeing to do the wls only then did he apply for the funding not my G.P. . why would a G.P apply for funding when the surgeon has to agree to do the wls op in first place...as I sed maybe your provider does things differently.

All the best anyway xx

Oh right. Maybe its done different here because after seeing My surgeon and him agreeing to do the wls only then did he apply for the funding not my G.P. . why would a G.P apply for funding when the surgeon has to agree to do the wls op in first place...as I sed maybe your provider does things differently.

All the best anyway xx

My GP applied for funding first and once that had been approved he wrote to the surgeon. I think its different in all areas and this seems to be why waiting times are different too xx

hiya hun it will prob be your surgeon that will advise you on what he thinks is best suited to you ie if you have a sweet tooth like i do/did he sugested bypass and then they tell the pct and so on like i said to you b4 on fb i dont think you will have a long wait espesh if you go to the hosp i did which i think you will unfortuanatley this is called the waiting game now hun and it can get very frustrating espesh if your imapatient like me lol but at least your on the right track now and with you bein approved funding you wont be waiting that long now hugs hun and congrats again lin.x

Back