• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excited and terrified! Newbie!!

Zara Lou

Hello all, I've just been for my weigh in and have met my target weight loss. I've been told that there is no waiting list in Sunderland at present. This means my op will be in the next three weeks!!! I can't believe it! I'm so excited for new beginnings and what not but I'm absolutely terrified.
Would love to hear from others who have had bypass at Sunderland.
What should I expect post op?
Thanks for reading!
Z xx

Just wanted to say hi and good luck xx

Hi and welcome. :) I had a bypass nearly 3 weeks ago but not at Sunderland. I'm sure someone will be along to answer your questions. Best of luck! It is exciting :)

hello newbie!
you must be so excited with your date been so near I wish you the very best

Hello all, I've just been for my weigh in and have met my target weight loss. I've been told that there is no waiting list in Sunderland at present. This means my op will be in the next three weeks!!! I can't believe it! I'm so excited for new beginnings and what not but I'm absolutely terrified.
Would love to hear from others who have had bypass at Sunderland.
What should I expect post op?
Thanks for reading!
Z xx

Hi Zara Lou, I am waiting for my date at Sunderland too. Have been told it will be June. I just want to know now so I can get prepared both physically and mentally! I am having a sleeve so not exactly the same but we could be surgery buddies ha ha!
Have you heard anything? Good luck! x

Good luck for your op when it comes. Out of interest, is it the mini gastric bypass or the RNY you are having? I think they do both at Sunderland.

Hi i'm having a bypass at Sunderland on the 21st may I have my pre op assessment on Wednesday and if all is well with this into hospital I go on the 20th may this is the biggest decision I have ever had to make the emotions you go through is so intense but fingers crossed it will be worth everyone of them. Good luck with your bypass

Hi i'm having a bypass at Sunderland on the 21st may I have my pre op assessment on Wednesday and if all is well with this into hospital I go on the 20th may this is the biggest decision I have ever had to make the emotions you go through is so intense but fingers crossed it will be worth everyone of them. Good luck with your bypass

Hi Pollyann, good luck for your surgery. Can I ask how much notice you got when they gave you your date for surgery? x

had my endoscopy on the 17th april told i was listed for surgery then i got a phone call week later to tell me about operation

Hi all , I am
7 weeks post op from Sunderland ,

I had my camera down and was given my date the very next day , I was a week day case as I have cardiac problems and I have to say they are all lovely the staff , they put your mind at ease and are so lovely , even on the day of the operation I had very little fear as they so friendly and caring on the ward , it so far has been the best decision I have ever made , had very little problems since the operation only the dreaded constipation and then a week and a half of the runs but hey it was nothing , I am lucky I hardly get the dumping I can eat just about anything , haven't tried sweet stuff just creamed rice and yogurts , still so far so good , I am
On normal foods not and lost 2 stone since the operation it's self and 3 b4 the operation so 5 off in total so very pleased with my progress , if I can give any of you advice is buy a nutri bullet blender from Argos !!! It's ideal for purée stage as it blends all kinds of lumps to smooth baby food texture even hard meats ! Good luck to everyone it's all worth it xxxxxx

Back