• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon Exercise after balloon

singletrack

I am having a balloon fitted on 28th July and have entered a charity 60k bike ride 2 months afterwards.
Will I be able to get back into regular heavy exercising 2 weeks after the balloon is fitted, and will it be possible to do the ride? I am worried there might be after effects that stop me training. My other main concern is running out of steam because I might not have enough energy on the day.
I have also registered for a 400k charity ride in Kenya next June when I will possibly still have the Spatz balloon fitted. I am hoping I will be ok for serious training and have enough energy to do the ride.

The only side effects that you might have would be sickness/nausea. For me, this went away after day 2, but other people have it longer. I was exercising after 1 week - the nurse said that the balloon shouldn't stop you doing what you normally do exercise-wise after a few days rest. You'll know yourself if you have enough energy to exercise - you probably won't be eating much the first week so just take it easy to start with.

No probs. Good luck for tomorrow!

Back