• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass exercise after bypass surgery

fatbloke1

From what iv been lead to believe exercise will help speed up weight loss , Unfortunately I suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmanary Disease so doing lots of walking etc is out of the question , but im able to do swimming , so after surgery how long until I can go swimming and how long until surgery holes heal to allow swimming , anyone know pleas

Hi there All I've done is walking and housework mainly since my op 15 months ago and I've gone from 20 stone down to 8 stone. Exercise will help you tone and change your shape, but I lost my weight with next to none!

Your team will tell you when you can start swimming again - advice and guidelines varies depending on where you had your op Good luck :)

Omg Thats amazing 20 down to 8 , how have you found it eating wise and mental wise .....it must have turned your whole life around ......well done Nicloa

Thank you. It's very odd still. Health wise is pretty good but I am always cold and my blood pressure is too low! My brain hadn't quite caught up and I still see a big lady most days! The good days are brill though. I've been overweight since I was 13, obese since 16 so now at 36, it's going to take my brain some adjusting!! :)

I can't do a lot of exercise because of the hips and knees but inhale started to go swimming every week and manage between 12 - 16 lengths I also do leg stretching, marching on the spot, leg bends all in the water. I've only just gone back to work so I'm walking a bit more but that's all I'm doing oh and a bit of dancing around the living room on Sunday

I was desperate to get swimming. My surgeon said about three weeks once your wounds are dry. But I have heard others say they have been advised longer To be honest it may be a few weeks before you have the energy to sim xx

I was told to go swimming as soon as I felt I could cope, as you know it's only been a few weeks ago that I started to go and it does take it out of me but I enjoy it.

Bedford 2015 .....ta for that .......once iv had Op and up on my feet why not .......I suffer from COPD and Osteopenia which makes breathing hard and mobility painful but im hoping weight loss will ease both of them , do you know of Kempston pool , its good there as theres a ramp in and out of pool , they do gentle swimming classes (no kids bombing ya) ,its never particularly busy and they have a disabled shower (with a seat) which is great , I do sometimes go but not as often as I should ...........so thatd be a good place to go

Back