• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I have committed myself!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Thats it, I have decided to do a 50 mile bike ride just around Peterborough next May, and so I know I have to do it, I have set up a Just Giving site.

Does anyone want to join me, or would anyone like to sponsor me. I have decided to do it for BOSPA, I thought its a worthwhile charity as it has allowed me to even get back on my bike.

Here is the link that you can get to my sponsor page. http://www.justgiving.com/Gary-Albone2012

I will keep you all updated.

Thats fantastic Gary!! I know you can do it :)
and its a great charity, i'll deffo sponsor you :) xxx

Wow good for you hun i will sponsor you in January when pennys are not so tight, please remind me hun wish i could come cheer you on xxxxxxxxxx

Proud of you Gaz sure Ill sponser you mate!Maz x

You can't back out now Gary - you have your first donation. Well done, and good luck with the training.

You're a total inspiration Gary! 2nd donation, done! :)

For me, I am thinking of doing a parachute jump when I eventually reach a weight that is not above the parachute limits anymore .... had not thought I might actually be able to do it for BOSPA, that is very heart warming that you have chosen that charity, mucho respect, Gary! :eek:

You're a total inspiration Gary! 2nd donation, done! :)

For me, I am thinking of doing a parachute jump when I eventually reach a weight that is not above the parachute limits anymore .... had not thought I might actually be able to do it for BOSPA, that is very heart warming that you have chosen that charity, mucho respect, Gary! :eek:

Ah Thanks Sharon, and thanks for your donation, I won't let you done, my legs might though lol

Hope you got a well padded pair of cycle shorts!! I only done 13 miles the other day and felt the pain for days after lol now have extra padded seat and trousers ( plus my own natural padding ) and it still hurts.
Well done you've come so far and such an inspiration to us all x

I will sponser you what a fab idea and goal with so many benefits.......
Good on you xxxxx

Bike Ride

Sent my sponsor ship and if I am healthy on the day will be there cheering you on...

Clare xx

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone that has supported me.

I am over the moon, that even my boss has supported me and donated £100. I am now 51% of reaching my target of donations, and my page has only been up a few days woohoo.

Hi Gary,

Just wanted you to know that I read your blog. I have a number of blogs set up in google reader so whenever there is a new entry I get an automatic alert.

I tried to comment today on your progress update blog with photos, but blogger would not play ball for me!

Just wanted you to know that some people are reading your blog ... I know myself from writing a few blogs in the past that we cannot always tell if there is anyone reading or if we are posting things off into the ether to a viewership of just one (i.e. ourselves!).

Your pics looks fab and the progress you have made since last year is phenomenal !!!

Hi Gary,

Just wanted you to know that I read your blog. I have a number of blogs set up in google reader so whenever there is a new entry I get an automatic alert.

I tried to comment today on your progress update blog with photos, but blogger would not play ball for me!

Just wanted you to know that some people are reading your blog ... I know myself from writing a few blogs in the past that we cannot always tell if there is anyone reading or if we are posting things off into the ether to a viewership of just one (i.e. ourselves!).

Your pics looks fab and the progress you have made since last year is phenomenal !!!

Ah thanks Sharon, do you use Blogger, as you can get stat reports within the settings?

Ah thanks Sharon, do you use Blogger, as you can get stat reports within the settings?

I don't at the moment Gary, but might do so post op.

In the past 5 years I have started (and deleted) several blogs, two of them were attempts at "weight loss blogs" (when I was still attempting normal diet and exercise!) ..... and a couple of other media / news interest type blogs.

At the moment because I am still waiting for my op I don't want to "jinx" anything by starting a blog too early (my previous weight loss blogs were diaries of my NON successful attempts to lose weight).

Back