• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I ache all over

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well as promised, I dusted off my bike over the weekend and took it for a spin tonight.

To my surprise I did 30 mins without even thinking about it.

Having got back and had a shower, I am now starting to ache all over, just shows I've used muscles in my arms and legs that I didn't even know I had.

I have to say though I did enjoy it and so did my kids, enjoy me taking them for a bike ride, although the little boy in me came out again, and I had to race them, and show them I remembered how to use the gears on a uphill challenge, much to there discuss I also beat them on a speed race lol

I have to say I drive around our village every day and never realized it had any different in height, but you sure know about it when you are on a bike.

If you have a bike, go on have a go, I think you will actually grow to like it, I can't wait now to go out on mine again lol

next time try a gentle warm up routine (bound 2 be 1 on youtube) and then a cool down one when you get back, then a bath in radox muscle soak lol

Good to see you out on the bike. It might be a good idea to have a recovery shake. 'For Goodness Shakes' are great. They have the right amount of carbs and protein to help your muscles recover.

Warm up before riding.
On your return, warm down and stretch.
Have a recover drink or if not, have something to eat.
Have a soak in the bath after.

Back