• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

EXERCISE DVD RECOMMENDATIONS

helloeverybody83

Hello,

Really trying to step up my exercising dramatically - fears of the dreaded excess skin (early signs after 3.5st loss so far since last June)... and generally getting better toning.

So far I have in my collection; Davina Power of 3, Josie Gibson 30 Second Slim, Mr Motivator All New BLT, Beverley Callard (yes, Liz McDonald) Real Results, Pump It Up (Ministry of Sound), Yoga Boxing.

Don't know if this is helpful to anyone at all - but although Bev Callard DVD is very very old fashioned (music/outfits), it is a good workout - especially the floor exercises for bum and stomach.

Mr Motivator is really, really, cheesy. It's a bit hard to get in to because it's split in to tiny parts that each have a warm up and cool down...

Pump It Up! was too hard for me (I've still got at least 5 stone to lose) - had to turn it off (well, cut straight to cool down) half way through the second dance workout. Ended up feeling really old and frumpy and unfit. Meh.

Davina power of three is really good... although I do find Davina a bit annoying at times. But I like the fitness instructor couple (a husband and wife) they are really nice and not full of themselves.

Oh and.... THE JORDAN WORKOUT is great! Lol. It's really old (again, I've dug out my old DVD's from years ago when I was a lot lighter and younger - so there all quite old). The personal trainer man is nice and good looking and he explains stuff well. She is useless. Just stands there pouting in really slutty workout outfits. But it is a good workout and very camp.

Bit disappointed with The Josie Gibson one to be honest. Level 2 is easier than Level 1 and there's a lot of leaping from the floor on all fours up to standing up and jumping - which is (in my opinion) totally unsafe/impossible for people who are over a certain weight. I tried it 3.5 stone ago and had to turn it off. Can just about do level 1 or 2 now without having to change or leave out exercises.

So... sorry for waffling. Any good recommendations? I want to do the New York City Ballet one now after Big Ballet has been on! LOL x

30 day shred is fab have a look on you tube
It is a bit of up and down though but only 20 mins a day xxx

Back