• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise

A.Positive

I have been planning my post op routine and I initially thought that I would join a Bootcamp to really get the best results. I have since changed my mind and have decided that Pilates would be better for me. Its gentle, will tone my entire body as well has help me to relax.

I am just wondering of it will be enough though? When I think of all my past weight loss attempts, it has been the workout routines (very hardcore) that help me really shift the weight. But in time they become over bearing and I couldn't keep that pace up when life got in the way. I want something that I can enjoy and become part of my new lifestyle.

Does exercise really make a difference with this kind of weight loss? I know if I were losing weight traditionally it would be a case of 80% food 20% exercise. Would I need to workout less than that? The weight pot op for many just seems to "fall off".

Last edited:
I'm a sleever and my weight just fell off but exercise remains very important as part of an healthy lifestyle (and, from time to time, to boost your weight loss and avoid stalls).
My dietician adviced pilates two times a week for me.

I exercise four times a week but I am a bander. I generally do a couple of classes and then the gym, this is for my own fitness levels and healthy mind reasons though - I find it really does help me to keep on the straight and narrow plus is all part of my long term health plan

I water walk its simple easy on my knees and hips and anything you do above and beyond what you were doing will help

Just after I had my band 7 years ago, we got a puppy. Taking her for walks really helped my weightloss. My husband bought me a year's gym membership and psychologically I did not want to waste the money he had paid so I went 4 times a week which also helped. After that we got a running machine and a 2 in 1 cross trainer/bike which we put in the garage. I do not use them as much as I used the gym, but I hope to use them once I have healed from my sleeve op 10 days ago. When I was at my lowest weight with my band, BMI 27, my legs had gone back really well which I put down to the walking xxx

Back