• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandwich euphoria to omelette disaster

everpositive

Hi folks,

You may have seen my post about successfully handling half and egg mayo butty - all good. Tonight not so good :(:confused:

In the past week have managed a small poached egg and a small amount of scrambled so thought, right I'll try a small omelette. Dunno if it ballsed up coz of the fry light or because I just used one egg but it just totally stuck to the pan so I couldnt really continue with it as a true omelette. Cooked as well as it could be, then put a small amount of wafer thin ham and edam cheese (like it plus it lower fat than normal cheese) on top and just stuck in under the grill. All of this is not the main problem though.

Served it up on my new dinner plate which is a small oblong side plate and it all looked reasonably palatable. Chewed it to death, swallowed it and right away there just felt like a total block. Don't think it was the eggy bit, more the edam cheese which when heated seem to turn to complete rubber. Slowly persevered with it, avoiding the cheese but no use, felt really awful and blocked up. Most frustrating!!!

Sometimes the pouch is just not having it. Try it again in a few days and you may find you have no trouble. Eggs are tricky and that is universal for all bypassers, some people have no trouble at all others do. I can't do a hard scramble but omelettes & quiche are fine!

I wanted to ask, do you find that you struggle more with food at the last meal of the day? I find I do sometimes, it is as if my pouch says 'that is enough food for today' or something. Several times per week I only eat half what I serve myself and it is always the last meal of the day. I can have the same portion size I served at night re-heated the next day for lunch and there is plenty of room for it.

Go figure!
Nic

You have point there phatgirl!! I've had a few disapointing evening dining experiences!! Less probs encountered at lunchtime it would seem:confused:

Bloody hell hey.
Lets hope its just a one off and you will manage it again in a few weeks, think edam does go a bit rubbery though.
Bet mozzerella woudl be nice or feta (dont know how high in fat though as I dont like cheese) my kids love dairylea in omlettes though
x

I also struggle with eggs, they go down ok but I feel a bit yuck afterwards. I keep leaving them for a while and then try again...it is strange when you think about it...but glad I am not alone ...xx

i am ok woth soft scrambled egg and a soft poached, but if they are hard then i struggle more with them. Not tried an omlette yet for this very reason. Edam cheese does go rubbery so thats not going to be a good cheese to use, have you tried brie? that is a soft cheese then there are the low fat chedders....

I don't have cheese too often but when i do, I just have normal cheddar...should I not?

I don't have cheese too often but when i do, I just have normal cheddar...should I not?

Cant see why not, i eat cheddar with no problem ! if you like strong cheese you should try crumbling some stilton and some cheddar together and melting that on your crackers for a variation of the cheese on crackers theme !

Since my op i've not enjoyed scrambled egg or omellets, though i'm ok with a fried or poached egg !

Mintball, there are two schools of thought on cheese. Some say cut fat where you can and go for low-fat across the board. Others feel that low-fat cheese is the devil's work and tastes terrible. That camp thinks that as long as it is in moderation why not go for the best flavour and cut down on the quantity. It is really up to you to make the call, if you have cheese everyday like me it might be wise to watch the fat. If like you said it is an occasional thing then you can go full fat in small amounts if you like. I have decided when I get to my goal weight or near enough that I am pleased with my health & size, I intend to use full fat cheese and such. If I then see a few pounds slip back on I will know to cut back.

That's my two pence worth, you will ultimately go with what best suits you.

Nic:):p:D

Mintball, there are two schools of thought on cheese. Some say cut fat where you can and go for low-fat across the board. Others feel that low-fat cheese is the devil's work and tastes terrible. That camp thinks that as long as it is in moderation why not go for the best flavour and cut down on the quantity. It is really up to you to make the call, if you have cheese everyday like me it might be wise to watch the fat. If like you said it is an occasional thing then you can go full fat in small amounts if you like. I have decided when I get to my goal weight or near enough that I am pleased with my health & size, I intend to use full fat cheese and such. If I then see a few pounds slip back on I will know to cut back.

That's my two pence worth, you will ultimately go with what best suits you.

Nic:):p:D

Nic - sounds like sensible advice, i cant resist cheese, its my major down fall, i even bought a boat so i can go over to France cheese buying lol ! and to my utter horror some thoughtless bugger opened a cheese shop in my local village selling speciality cheeses, how am i supposed to resist now :eek:

your not lol sell the boat and support your local cheese shop... i too love cheese, its one of my 2 most favourite things.... sushi first then cheese....

your not lol sell the boat and support your local cheese shop... i too love cheese, its one of my 2 most favourite things.... sushi first then cheese....

Yeah and i like red wine too - and so far there's not a shop locally that sells it cheap and as nice as where i get it in France lol :8855:so cheese and wine :D

hey i didnt know you could have 'proper cheese' ive been putting low fat ***p in my pureed food!! i thought anything with high fat in it would make you dump..wow i have so much to learn!

lesley yes you can have normal fat cheese, but in smaller amounts what you have to look at is the overal fat content in the dish

ive been looking at the fat content per 100grams...im not sure how to work it out per portion, is suppose it would be difficult to have to much because you wouldnt fit it in..is that right??

partly that and partly the risk of 'dumping' if the fat content is too high. Last saturday i had a dumping session on macaroni cheese, the only reason that happened was because i was out and desperate for something to eat, having totally missed lunch and it was all i could find. The cheese was full fat scottish cheese and of course the sauce is also made of milk, adding to the fat content.

Back