• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandwich euphoria to omelette disaster

Hi Lesley
I'm just down the road from you! I have had full fat cheese but I find if I have too much it gives me the runs and stomach cramps. It's also one of my weaknesses so I tend to grate a block and divide it into 25g portions and then freeze it, so I can only eat 25 g at a time! I got some low fat Rosemary Conleys mature cheddar the other day and found that really good for low fat cheese, but not as good as the real stuff!

partly that and partly the risk of 'dumping' if the fat content is too high. Last saturday i had a dumping session on macaroni cheese, the only reason that happened was because i was out and desperate for something to eat, having totally missed lunch and it was all i could find. The cheese was full fat scottish cheese and of course the sauce is also made of milk, adding to the fat content.

Ok might be able to shed a bit of light on this - you need to remember your just over a month post op, and you had some problems with your gall bladder too, at the moment your dropping pure undigested food into your small intestine and its not yet used to taking food like this, i've read that the intestine does adapt over time, so things may get better for you given time, though at the moment you may need to tread carefully, some of us have no problems with anything, and others struggle with certain foods, its a massive learning curve which everyone goes through, and i'm afraid there's really no easy way other than trial and error.

Richard yup i know i will try full fat cheese again this week, as its now a week on from then. I am out again today as my mister and niece are coming to london so i will have to eat out, should be a laugh.

I so want to try sushi but am concerned about the affects of it this early on. although i somewho doubt my sister would enjoy iy, but could be a new experience for my niece.

Richard yup i know i will try full fat cheese again this week, as its now a week on from then. I am out again today as my mister and niece are coming to london so i will have to eat out, should be a laugh.

I so want to try sushi but am concerned about the affects of it this early on. although i somewho doubt my sister would enjoy iy, but could be a new experience for my niece.

ooh Sushi - i love sushi and strangely i seem to be able to tolerate the sticky rice, though my favourite has to be the tempora prawns :D tuna or salmon just love the feel of that slippery fish.
There are some really great sushi places in London, maybe we should organise a Mins London meet and go eat sushi !

Richard your on!!! i love the yellowfin but i restrict myself to one a visit otherwise i wouldnt try anything else. I tried the new kings cross yo-sushi when it opened it was outstanding, obviously they were on top form for the initital weeks. There is another really good place near finsbury park, that is outstanding, or of course if we went upmarket zuma's lol but i think thats out of our price range.

Anyone else want to meet up in london for a drink & sushi?

Richard your on!!! i love the yellowfin but i restrict myself to one a visit otherwise i wouldnt try anything else. I tried the new kings cross yo-sushi when it opened it was outstanding, obviously they were on top form for the initital weeks. There is another really good place near finsbury park, that is outstanding, or of course if we went upmarket zuma's lol but i think thats out of our price range.

Anyone else want to meet up in london for a drink & sushi?

Yo Sushi on Poland street soho :D

The tables are about 6 inches from floor level, with the foot wells sunk into the floor, its a mad place and the foods fresh and excellent

Richard THAT is my usual haunt for sushi lol when can you meet me there? I remember the first time i went in there with Jonah as i got up i forgot about the step down and went flying into the wall

we can sit nursing a few miso soups for fluid to start with lol give it 20 mins then start on the main course.....

Back