• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Explanation!!

One of the other things the bypass is useful for is the malabsorbtion aspect, which means that we don't absorb all of the calories contained in the food we are eating, thus even if we eat something bad, its not as bad as if we hadnt had the surgery - my surgeon said this two pronged attack (physically less food and malabsorbtion) is why gastric bypasses are successful and more weight loss early on than, say, a band, which doesn't have the malabsorbtion.

Thank you to everyone for all this very interesting info,this will help me explain the op to my hubbie.
I think he knows, but like I said before he is just worried for me. Things don't usually go very straight forward for me! I always end up with something going haywire! Or Little blips along the way..
I'm at my local hospital every 3 weeks as it is due to my disability problems & there have been many times iv had to be admitted due to little blips! One
time I had a stay in Intensive Care due to my Morphine/Clonidine pump being over presurerised & giving me a massive overdose !!!
That was one occasion there have been many other situations like this, I'm just very unlucky when it comes to operations :(
All those complications iv had my husband as been a rock for me he is so very good at looking after me, & he is not in the best of health himself, he has some very complicated & also rare health issues.
Thanks for all ur support :)
Hugs xxx

Hugs xxx

Back