• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fail on the pre op

Carre

What if I can't stick to the 1000cal aday will they cancel my op??

I'm not far off but just thought I'd ask... ??

If its your pre op diet and your liver isnt soft/small enough they can and will refuse to do it.

To be blunt its a small ask for such a big gift and therefore should be no question as to weather you can stick to it......Yes they will cancel if your liver is too big!!!

To be blunt its a small ask for such a big gift and therefore should be no question as to weather you can stick to it......Yes they will cancel if your liver is too big!!!

I understand what your saying and your right, I will get back on track first thing...... It's not a gift if your paying for it?? More reason for me to be good as I'm only letting myself down... Cheers for your advice xx

Even more reason for me to sort it out.....
It don't help I haven't told everyone and were invited round for meals tonight and tomorrow .... I will make out I have an upset tummy!!

It all depends on how heavy you are and how long you have too do the diet, I only had too do a week the 2nd day I did cheat but for the rest of the time stuck too it by the word ,some ppl have followed it too the word and in the doc goes and it can't be done as liver too big and hard. , too be honest of they go in and it hasn't shrunk they won't do open surgery they will simply come back out and not do it, how long do you have to go? If you've just started and cheated kick yourself up the bum and get on track or come on here and we will ;) lol,don't worry to much now just stick too it from now xxxx

Carre use this next week to keep on track, and work out what your coping strategies will be for the future ... If you are eating out or having meals with friends etc, maybe offset it by eating less during the rest of the day. Are you telling people about the op? I told everyone i was out with, purely because I wanted to keep on track and not potentially waste all my hard earned money. Good luck :D

No I have not told anyone, purely I don't want to be judged as in the past they has slagged wls off xx thanks for all your comments xxxx

People don't need to necessarily know about the band ... You can always tell them you are focussed on sticking to a low calorie healthy eating diet on medical advice ... Which is not a lie, and are you friends going to argue with medical advice? Xxx

I had the same worries that I would not lose enough and they would open me up, my liver would not have shrunk enough and I would wake up from the op without the band :( So that was a major motivation, I was not paying all that money and getting scars with a chance it was for nothing! It is torture and the last few days on it are not so bad as you know it is coming to an end. I was so delighted after my op when I was given apple juice :) The first sweet thing I had had in two weeks, it was HEAVEN! :) And once I was home even on liquids it was my choice no more green veg only and chicken chicken chicken, tomatoe soup never tasted so good ;)

Back