• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fainting!!!! traumatised by my A&E experience this weekend!

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi All, I'm just wondering is anyone has experienced fainting post op. I have been fine since having the bypass but on Friday night i collapsed and was unconcious. they think my BP dropped really low which is what caused it. unfortunatley i banged my head badly and hurt my neck and back. not to mention giving my friends a heart attack! it's really shaken me up and i still don't feel great at all! has anyone else had any problems??? x

Last edited:
Hi All, I'm just wondering is anyone has experienced fainting post op. I have been fine since having the bypass but on Friday night i collapsed and was unconcious. they think my BP dropped really low which is what caused it. unfortunatley i banged my head badly and hurt my neck and back. not to mention giving my friends a heart attack! it's really shaken me up and i still don't feel great at all! has anyone else had any problems??? x

OMG :eek: not experienced that...but wanted to send hugs to you....

take care....

Debz xx

Doesn't sound too good Tammy. Could be a number of things, I presume someone is looking into it all for you to find a cause?

I have postoral hypotension, which means that my blood pressure drops rapidly when I stand up (everyone's drops some). It makes me dizzy and I have blacked out with it, but not for a long time (I've learned how to avoid it). It's scary though when it happens.

had a whole pile of tests done in A & E and they couldn't really find a cause. it has really scared me as it's not happened before. Plan to see my own GP this week to see what if anything they need to do. I am still on my meds for my Bp and wondered whether this had caused it. just have to hope it's a one off x

Hi Tammy

Just wanted to say hope your feeling better soon.

Take care and big hugs (((((hugs))))))

Di
xx

have you been having yr BP checked regularly since yr op. It could be that it has come down and need yr meds reviewing. Hope you have a better week and whatever it was is just a one off.
HC

Ooohh Tammy, what a scary experience for you... hope you are feeling a little better today chick.
I would echo the others, get your Bp meds reviewed, doesn't sound like you will need them now you are a skinny minny xxx

thanks everyone for your kind words. plan to see my gp to get my meds reviewed. have only been seen once at the hospital since my op so aftercare is crap to say the least!!!! am just worried it will happen again so much so i haven't gone to work today!!! will keep you all posted xx

Hi Hun I think its probably due to weight loss lowering your BP, Mr Ammori said it would happen quite quickly after surgery and you probably no longer need the medication for it. I was wondering how they could tell if had lowered and will certainly be watching out for that. Hope your head is not too bad now and obviously that you did not damage the floor lol....your poor mates must have near died from the shock. Let us know how you get on and take care I want you in one piece when we meet up....xx

Hi Hun I think its probably due to weight loss lowering your BP, Mr Ammori said it would happen quite quickly after surgery and you probably no longer need the medication for it. I was wondering how they could tell if had lowered and will certainly be watching out for that. Hope your head is not too bad now and obviously that you did not damage the floor lol....your poor mates must have near died from the shock. Let us know how you get on and take care I want you in one piece when we meet up....xx
My friends are absoloutly traumatised! have said they won't go out with me again!!! my hubbie has someone with me 24hrs a day now just in case!! how funny really. my head is ok nothing broken thank god am just lucky i was over 5 stone lighter or might have fallen right through the floor never mind of damaged it!!!! ha ha x

Cripes...

I hope it's something that is easily remedied, like your meds. Take it easy, baba, and keep us informed of any developments...

x

hi tam
u poor thing
i have had three episodes like that this year where i have passed out.
mine was due to dehydration hun..
takecare
emmaxxx

Well have just gor back from the Dr's they said it's not down to any of my meds and they have ordered an urgent brain scan. the two things they are looking at is a mini stroke (not like a proper one but just where the oxygen to your brain cuts off for a period of time) or a form of a seizure.

more worried that they won't find a bloody brain LOL

thanks everyone for your kind words xx

Blimey Tammy, hope everythings ok.

Back