• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat doctor & fat hospital 1st sept

Last night's Fat Doctor broke my heart. This poor woman wasn't emotionally/mentally ready for the surgery and could have really used some therapy afterwards. I felt so bad for her because food addiction is such a powerful disease.

Yeah i totally agree with you,felt really sad for her & her son who at such a young age has seen all the bad habit of his mother's eating & is well on his way to having the same problems

Last night's Fat Doctor broke my heart. This poor woman wasn't emotionally/mentally ready for the surgery and could have really used some therapy afterwards. I felt so bad for her because food addiction is such a powerful disease.

You are so right FL...with her addictions and issues with food she should have been prepared...and she never lied about it or covered anything up...she most definitely should have been prepared before her surgery...so her bariatric team must have known about her problems.

I was not happy about her little boy (little sweetheart) being her carer...and not happy with her giving him her issues with food...but then thinking about it how on earth could she sit there eating lots of sweets and so on and leave him out...tough one that.

(((hugs)))

That poor boy is on the same track as his mum. The whole thing just screamed to me. He is under dietician's care for the last 7 1/2 years and his mum fed his full fat coke, a share bag of doritos and that massive kebab dinner. I was shocked. I also can't imagine where the heck she gets money for it all. I certainly couldn't afford that much junk and takeaway per week.

Oh... Will this be repeated again? I havn't been on here for a few days so didn't know it was on.

bum, i missed it but at least i can look out for it now. thanks

I watched that last night it was a repeat but i still watched it again.
It really upset me to think that a 7 yrs old boy is having to wash him mum in the bath when she could get someone else to do that.
I have been overweight all my life and one thing i made sure was that i never encouraged my son to eat rubbish and always gave him healthy cooked meals every night and thank god he has never had a weight problem.
I am wondering if she was on dla as it must of been very expensive for her to buy take away meals every night, i am a single parent on benefits and not on dla and i get £120 a week for me and Aaron and i cant afford take aways and only spend £40/50 a week on food and still manage to buy decent food to cook Aaron decent meals.
I really feel for her son as she is losing the weight herself and does not seem to be changing her son`s food choices and he is not losing weight, and most prob will grow up to be a very unhappy teen with serious weight issues if not taken in hand now.
I cant understand how he is under the dietician and she buys him all kinds of crap to eat after school then gives him a fatty take away for his dinner.
She is so wrong to be passing on her food issues to her son and i really hope that she gets some help to sort out her own issues and in turn can help her son to battle his serious weight problem while he is still young.

I'm ashamed to say that i saw myself in this lady, the weight, the addiction to food, the lack of mobility, the embarrassment of being looked at in the street because you stand out in the croud. All i wanted was for the end of the programme to hurry up just to see that this poor lady was ok and had lost some weight to help her and her son live a better life. I'm a similar weight but taller, so i don't look quite as uncomfortable as she did, but as much as i sympathise with her, i can't understand why she would want her son to go down the road to obesity, knowing full well how it was killing her. I'm not a mom, maybe i'm too quick to judge but that poor lad needed as much help as his mom x

Because of my own weight issues i've always made sure my children would never suffer as i've done every day i've made sure that they have some form of activity swimming,sports,bike ride's long walks with dogs,meals have always been 3 a day any snacking would be fruit i've really gone over the top with them and sometimes felt really unkind but i now have 2 stunning daughters of 18 & 19 who are both 5ft 8 and weight 91/2 stone with no food/weight issues;) unlike me who would snack while they were both at school or college:cry:

Because of my own weight issues i've always made sure my children would never suffer as i've done every day i've made sure that they have some form of activity swimming,sports,bike ride's long walks with dogs,meals have always been 3 a day any snacking would be fruit i've really gone over the top with them and sometimes felt really unkind but i now have 2 stunning daughters of 18 & 19 who are both 5ft 8 and weight 91/2 stone with no food/weight issues;) unlike me who would snack while they were both at school or college:cry:

I totally 100% agree with you, i have done exactly the same with Aaron as no matter what issues i have there is no way i want my son to live the life i have and do.
So i was exactly the same with Aaron and now he is 17 and gorgeous, well i think so lol and is 5.10 and weighs bout 11 stone and luvs being active and goes to the gym and never sits still for long and has always been like that.
I 2 eat crap when he was not around so i know exactly how u feel Sue xxxx

Hi
I'm the exact same, i vowed that my children would never suffer the way i did. I remember the day Allan(1st born) was born and they said you have a 10lbs 5oz baby i panicked big time but fortunately it was all in his length, he was always big but within right height/weight ratio and now at 24 he is 6ft tall and within the weight he should be. My daughter is only 13 and so far so good although i'm trying to get her to exercise more. It's funny she sees my op as having cheated to lose weight!. That wee boy was so worrying and we know how cruel children can be and already he is being bullied, its so frightening to think how he will suffer even more as time goes on. It would be interesting to see how his eating is now that mum is losing weight x

Back