• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat grams. 30g or 70g?

Tyraboots

How much fat grams should I be aiming for? I thought the maximum was 30g a day, but on the TV last night it said that women need 70g a day.
I'm confused.

Was that a healthy 'normal' woman who hasn't had weightloss surgery though?

What you got to realise is that the figures stated on most adverts is the daily allowance regular everyday normal weight healthy people should aim for.

So if you're wanting to lose weight, you aim for less, if you're wanting to build up, you aim for more.

i remember hearing you should aim for less than 5g sugars/fat in the stuff you eat....is that right?

i remember hearing you should aim for less than 5g sugars/fat in the stuff you eat....is that right?

Yes, I think so. It's 5g per 100g so check labels carefully as they don't all give a 100g breakdown, sometimes it's a pack/portion so work on 5% if that's the case.

I was told by my dietician (I appreciate all providers are different) that I shouldn't have anything more than 10g of sugar per 100g of product. She didn't say anything about fat though, just to keep it at a minimum.

Back