• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many grams of protein and how many carbs?

simplylucy

How many grams of protein should I be aiming for daily?

Also does anyone have any idea how many grams of carbs I should be having a day.

Thanks.

Im not sure about carbs, I wondered that myself. Im sure I was told between 60-80g of protein a day. The more the better I was told as its predominently this that stops your hair falling out :D XX

Between 60 and 80grams of Protein and as few carbs as you can get away with.........plenty veg and loads of water xx

My dietician says i should have 3 times as much protein as carbs. Sge doesn't include fruit in carbs though. She more focuses on food groups. Judging by the way my hair's falling out I'm not eating enough protein. :(

Atkins on its lowest level promotes 20g carbs to get you in ketosis that is incredibly low, the milk diet which is a low carb diet is 120g per day, most low carb GI diets are around the 120g mark. Since my op if I go as low as 20g (which is how I lost my weight preop) I feel shattered... to get the best weight loss & feeling the best I tend to have 96g protein & 60g carbs per day... this has levelled out into a 3lb loss (on average) per week & allowed me to introduce a number of fruits into my diet. HTH. x

I thought it was one part carbs to three protein but i might be wrong...

Wow thats very scientific of you lol....I need to look at carbs a bit more I think :D Thanks hun XX

I've always been a bit carbs obsessed ever since I was diagnosed with PCOS at 16, its the only way I've ever managed to lose weight (but never kept it off). I don't think one size fits all but because of our malabsorption I think thats why I need more these days.

How are you guys getting that much protein in everyday? I log my food religiously and only ever get to 70 grams when I take a 42g protein shot.

Today I've had

B: natural yogurt with 30g protein powder mixed in = 27g
L: hungarian goulash soup with a pack of fridge raiders chicken added = 23g
D: gammon ham, eggs, leek & cabbage = 30g
S: atkins bar = 12g

So 92g today...

hi,
can i ask do you take any whey protein milky drinks?
i bought some and havent used any yet.
its says low cal on side, but was wondering if i might use it to boost my protein...
?
x june

If you go on myfitnesspal.com and put in how much milk you have it will tell you how much fat and protein etc is in it :D XX

Back