• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many grams of protein and how many carbs?

Me tooLinzi. Do let us know how it goes pet.
I'm going to ask my surgeon about the pouch pain when i see him. Sometimes its horrific.

Thanks Leanne... you just know when somethings not quite right don't you!

Grace... amazing how many carbs you can fit in compared to protein isn't it!

I looooovvvveee carbs.........hehehe

Me too.... which is why I got to how I did. Christmas was an eye opener as to how easy it would be to slip into old habits!

Me too! I'm avoiding carbs as much as is possible now. Crisps and nuts are banned substances!

I'm focusing on high fibre carbs like brown rice and multi grain ryvita and a bit of fruit. I can't eat so muchof them. it's the refined stuff which slips down easily isn't it?

Yeah Grace, that's what I'm trying to do.
Cos I think we need carbs, just the good ones....sadly hehe x

Thank you ladies for all your help regarding protein and carbs, as I was unsure myself what I should be having.

Thanks also Linzi and Jacqui for the useful info on those websites, a real help!

I think I have been having not enough protein and too many carbs, hopefully now I will be more aware and can control it!

Take care x

Love Kat x

Carbs are so sneaky! They shouldnt be allowed...they are in things I never wuold have thought they were lol....dastardly carbs! XX

I must try that.
My protein is over 60g today and my calories about 1100.
Off to the cinema soon...step away from the popcorn Leanne aha x

I have had about 160g of carbs today and didn't think I'd eaten any with lunch or dinner! Hahaha x

Its scarey how many carbs there are in some things... I've been told by my dietician I should be aiming for 200g carbs per day but in good carbs such as low GI & fruit... seems like a heck of alot!

Omg I think it is too easy to become obsessive about protein/carbs etc. I dont have enought time in the day to log everything I eat to find out how I am doing. I try and eat as much protein as I can (but it probably is not enough as I dont like protein powder/atkins bars or protein shots) and I probably eat too many carbs - but not bad carbs. If I did not eat a fair few carbs my overall calorie intake would be very poor and protein fills me up so fast a few mouthfuls and I am stuffed.

I think I eat a relatively healthy diet and take extra vitamins and iron so just hope that I am doing ok.

Mel,
I hear what you're saying.
For the first 6 months I did exactly as you are doing.
It's only cos I slipped up over xmas that I am trying to get back into good habits by recording things. Don't wanna be doing it for long cos I am obsesseive enough as it is x

I understood bypassers should have 60gm protein a day - unless you have a long bypass then you should have more.

Because I have had a DS and in effect have a small bowel that is 100cms long I have to have 100gms daily to absorb the 45 gm the body needs.

I work on a latte being about 10 gms

and an ounce of meat or fish or cheese being 7 gm - so I aim for at least 3ozs at a meal.

I eat the protein first then fit carbs and veg in and around

I make Easi-Yo yoghurt cos its the highest I've found in protein

And I have M&S fresh soups - half a carton at a time - some have 11gm per half pot - every little helps!!

And nuts are high in protein (and fat) but the protein outweighs the fat!! One brazil nut a day provides the daily requirement of selenium - indicated in hair loss

Home made peanut butter is ace apparently - no added fat (plain peanuts) - and delicious - not tried it yet - I think Holland and Barrett do a pure peanut butter too - and one spoonful has quite a lot of protein in

Burgen bread has 6gms per slice and is yum toasted

xxx

Jacqui - I did`nt realise until I logged onto the site today (myfitnesspal.com) how much carbs, proteins, fats etc; are in everyday foods - it has very comprehensive listing for everything.
It is also easy when wanting to look up specific items as the listing is very good.

Thanks again hun x

Love Kat x

Back