• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exact amount of carbs...

joannalouise

Can anybody tell me how many grams of carbs I should be aiming for on a daily basis as a bypasser 15 weeks out of surgery?

My advice booklet from SRH tells me 'two portions' and gives examples of rice or pasta. However, carbs are everywhere and now I have a bit more freedom with my food, I'd like to be able to work it out for myself in whatever I'm eating. So, how many grams of carbs is about right on a daily basis?

Hope you can help! I've phoned the dietitian at the hospital a few times but no response as yet.

I'm not sure on grams a day but we got told to have carbs with every meal. They said we are not worried about weights of food as long as your eating healthy.

Srh give you very little advice, when I went back for a check up after 6 months I asked what and how much should I be eating and they said well what do you have I give a typical example and just said that sounds fine. Not really the answer I was looking for, but must be doing something right week 43 post bypass and lost 10 stone 6lbs x

Fitness pal is great but it's recommended amounts are for normal size tummys.
Never heard from you in ages twink hope you are well x

I am newly post op but have decided I am going to limit my carbs to those found in my cereal, veg and milk. When I am at goal I will introduce them gradually. We are told to eat protein first , then if you have any room left eat veg or fruit.

Fitness pal is great but it's recommended amounts are for normal size tummys.
Never heard from you in ages twink hope you are well x

I am now, sweet, but have had a nasty virus all week & hadn't the energy to use the laptop :( not to be recommended:wave_cry: xxx
I just take 25% of the values off of MFP & it works out fine. At the very least it counts the calories for you :) x

I am newly post op but have decided I am going to limit my carbs to those found in my cereal, veg and milk. When I am at goal I will introduce them gradually. We are told to eat protein first , then if you have any room left eat veg or fruit.

I have always known it that you eat protein first then veg and if room you can carb. My hospital said don't worry about veg as long as you have protein and carb :confused:
I know we should go with what our team says but I don't think I will on this bit x

Back