• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

How many grams of protein and how many carbs?

I'm on a protein mission! Just been shopping and found Atkins drinks and bars on offer in sainsburys. They also have fridge raiders half price, I'm munching some now for lunch but dont think I'll manage a whole bag, they are very filling!

What are fridge raiders?

Oh god I hate those fridge raiders. My son loves them.
Grace, they are little bites of flavoured chicken type substance. x

Really?
What kind of soup?

Any kind Leanne, covent garden soups have been on offer, I just add the chicken in the last bit of heating them up. Tesco's & Sainsburys have a good selection of fresh soups & there is a range called Glorious which are delish!

Lentil & bacon, Chicken & veg & hungarian goulash soups are my fave at the mo, the fridge raiders boost the protein. x

I will try that then cos I love soup but they never have much protein in do they? Thanks x

Grace, it tells me to eat 1200 and I can easily do that!
It's surprising how quickly the little ******* add up especially when you try to drink more milk etc x

Leanne it tells me the same but I'm lucky if I can eat 800! No wonder my weight loss has been so slow! Sometimes i eat even less!
I'm making a concerted effort to eat moe, but it's hard. I got pouch pain yesterday when I pushed it!

It really depends what I eat as to how much I can manage.
I have recently been having porridge for brekkie cos with the milk added in it has over the amount of protein in an egg which is what I used to always have. Porridge goes down easily.
I just had houmous and cucumber for lunch and could only manage half of it.
Things like meat, eggs, fish, although packed with protein fill me up so so quickly that I can hardly eat any of it.
I have having faggots for dinner tonight with veg, 2 faggots is 15 g of protein.
So the porridge, lunch and dinner plus a glass of milk and an actimel this morning and a yogurt after lunch and dinner comes to just over a thousand calories and over 60g protein.
I don't worry too much about the other values...I just try to focus on protein and some fruit and veg x

I think 1200 is the lowest it will recommend you go & that predicts me a 1.5lb loss each week but I rarely get above 1000 cals at the mo. Probably why my weight loss has slowed down as I'm not eating enough!

You can change your goals, such as calorie intake, protein, carbs etc on the home page under goals & select customise. x

Thanks girls. I'm tying to eat more as I say, but my restriction is so tight. moning is particulaly bad: yesterday I managed a quarter of a weetabix!
I've just had 3 ryvita thins with cheese, and I feel like i've eaten a 5 course banquet!

Wow, your restriction is tight. Quarter of a weetabix?
I thought mine was fairly tight but I'm fine with 'wet' food.
Mind you I am a bit further out than you.
I love that we can eat so little and feel so full. Doesn't stop my craving for crisps though unfortunately x

I know I have restriction but don't feel it like I used to if that makes sense... am seeing my surgeon on the 21st as I've been having pains which a scan showed is not gallstones so hopefully he'll explain why my restrictions gone a bit haywire. x

Wow, your restriction is tight. Quarter of a weetabix?
I thought mine was fairly tight but I'm fine with 'wet' food.
Mind you I am a bit further out than you.
I love that we can eat so little and feel so full. Doesn't stop my craving for crisps though unfortunately x

LOL I used to be able to manage a half but not these days!
Funny how Ican manage a whole bag of crisps though!
Oh dear I have pouch pain after my 3 ryvita thins! My surgeon was very pleased with himself when he said he'd made me a very small pouch - he wasn't kidding was he?!:D
I have to say, even though my weight loss is quite slow, I still love it - the bypass I mean. I LOVE being in control of my food intake!

I get that pouch pain. It's really awful isn't it? Nothing like it?
Hope you get on ok Linzi at your appointment x

Back