• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fat removal during a bypass?

Tyraboots

God willing I get my bypass.
My question is, while they are actually in there, your tummy. Why don't they take some of the fat out? I think this would be a great impetus for a running start, also, they are hoping it will go anyway, why leave it there?
Any ideas?

Its not like liposuction! LOL. Actually I did have some fat taken out for a research study but it was two tiny squares! You gotta lose it properly!

lol!! Cause the operation is supposed to a tool for you to use to lose weight. If someone handed youa chainsaw after cutting up all the wood, there would be no point in having it!

:) xxxx

It might come out in lumps and leave loads of potholes on yr tum.

in very rare circumstances an apronectomy is performed where the excess fat/skin would hinfer recovery. otherwise the surgery is high risk enough without doing lipo or another cosmetic surgery on top!! Most surgeons prefer to remove excess skin, not fat - that's what the surgery is for!

Because fat just doesnt sit there as fat,it has blood vessles running through it.plus to cut away large amounts of flesh be it fat or lean is hard for the body to cope with.Watch the ops on tv they always have to deal with blood vessels.

the size of my incision from my open bypass, they could have damn well got a shovel in and at least filled a wheelbarrow of fat to give me a jump start :rotflmao:

the size of my incision from my open bypass, they could have damn well got a shovel in and at least filled a wheelbarrow of fat to give me a jump start :rotflmao:
funny u should say that the other week mr slater said be a cut about so big,sorta nodded then later on thought god hope hes got small hands lol.x

funny u should say that the other week mr slater said be a cut about so big,sorta nodded then later on thought god hope hes got small hands lol.x

lol well then Mr Pollard has hands like shovels cos my scar goes from belly button to just under my cleavage :D told you he should have filled a wheelbarrow

hi just thought i would let you know that my open scar is only 4inch so tiny really so mandy dont worry mr slater must have small hands.LOL

I've seen a few of Mr Slaters open scars (people at the support groups etc seem to love lifting up their tops and showing them off for some reason!) they are all tiny 4 inches sounds fairly normal. Watching Shaw Somers on fat doctor he commented on the small size of the open scar - guess they can stretch it open quite a bit as they need to get their hands and tools in there as well as pull stuff out to work with...

Back