• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass on 24/2

Audrey

Hi everyone, glad to say I'm home from Hosiptal today after having my bypass on Friday. God its been a up and down week for me. Thinking why did I do this but hay ho I'm here now and no going back. I'm glad I have 2 friends that had it done about 10 weeks ago without them god knows where I'd be.
The thought of never eating some of my fav foods is a killer but they are what got me in trouble anyway.
Any help is always welcome on Do's and don't for my first 4 weeks will be great.
I'm in no pain at all thank Goodness.
Thanks guys xxxx

Hey Audrey, welcome home :) Give it a couple of months and you will be dancing in the aisles lol good luck :) xxx

glad everything went ok for you so pleased your not in pain......how long have you been advised to have off work (thats if you in work)....

Thanks everyone.
They never said how long off work. I'm booked off for 3 weeks. I'm a barber so on your feet but not hard work xx

Congrats Hun well dun :) happy healing x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

So pleased you are done and on your new journey !!
I morned the loss of food big time post op but now a week post op and my head is getting round it all, we have lost a friend we have turned to for many years and seperation is painful.
Keep strong it gets better every day xxxxxxxxx

i am a childminder so i was hoping for just two weeks, all my parents are great but i dont really want more than two weeks off, i only have only baby so may just need more time off with him. anyway thanks.

flowerofshona said:
So pleased you are done and on your new journey !!
I morned the loss of food big time post op but now a week post op and my head is getting round it all, we have lost a friend we have turned to for many years and seperation is painful.
Keep strong it gets better every day xxxxxxxxx

Thanks for that. Even though I don't feel like I want to eat. All I think about is food. It's killing me :(
Thanks for your help xx

claires said:
i am a childminder so i was hoping for just two weeks, all my parents are great but i dont really want more than two weeks off, i only have only baby so may just need more time off with him. anyway thanks.

I think you can't lift for 6 weeks but I'm sure you'll be fine. It's hard when others need you like being a childminder as the parents need you so they can go to work.
Where are you going and what are you having? Xx

Hi Audrey
Pleased everything has gone well for you. Although I'm pre-op there are so many people in here that do have a rough couple of months at first.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey, and just think how much healthier you will feel this summer

Take Care

Kim x

Hi Audrey I'm 3 weeks post op and my first reaction for the first 2 weeks was why have I done this to myself I was in agony !! But I'm pleased to say this week the pain has died down and I feeling better . Take each day as it comes Try eat regularly and keep up to your tablets
Hope your well x

Kizzy70 said:
Hi Audrey
Pleased everything has gone well for you. Although I'm pre-op there are so many people in here that do have a rough couple of months at first.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey, and just think how much healthier you will feel this summer

Take Care

Kim x

Thanks Kim x

ashlie1985 said:
Hi Audrey I'm 3 weeks post op and my first reaction for the first 2 weeks was why have I done this to myself I was in agony !! But I'm pleased to say this week the pain has died down and I feeling better . Take each day as it comes Try eat regularly and keep up to your tablets
Hope your well x

Glad your feeling better. I have no pain just worried about trying new things. I'm trying to drink loads as its meant to help when you do eat normal food lol.
Where did you have yours?
What are you eating now?
Pills start tomorrow fingers crosses the iron stuff. Errrr
Xx

Well done audrey!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you... Im sure you will do just fine xxx

Congrats on your new life x

Hi Audrey, I hope your post op life gets better and better with every day!
Good luck with the vitamins (hopefully those are the tablets you are talking about) and I look forward to hearing more about your journey x

Back