• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gall Bladder removal

chris2710

Been watching Fat Doctor on Sky recently, now I know these are old programmes, and they are not using the laproscopany (sp) method but full incision, but each time they make the point that they are removing the gall bladder and that it is better doing it then than later.

The removal of the gall bladder has not been discussed at any of my appointments, now can someone tell me do they do this as a matter of course still or not and if not why not if it is better for us?

As you say the programme is a few years old now so open surgery was possibly more common back in 2007/8. Shaw Summers tends to do Key Hole surgery these days where ever possible.

I was scanned before my op to see if I had any gallstones, it turned out I had so my surgeon said he would remove my gallbladder as part of my operation. When people loose weight very quickly most people would be prone to producing gallstones so if you are found to have them prior to your op, I would think most surgeons these days would suggest or recommend that the gallbladder is removed at the same time to save you having to come back six months down the line to have it done.

I don't think its actually routine with all surgeons though.

sorry can't help with this i had my gallbladder removed 5years ago by keyhole , but my friend had a bypass in march and they took away her gallbladder when she had her op , xx

Hi,
I had my bypass 4 weeks ago.. they also removed my gallbladder , this was not however the norm at S.R.H and I was informed at the time that the gallbladder would take priority over the bypass and if problems arose the gallbladder op would be done and the bypass left.

Been watching Fat Doctor on Sky recently, now I know these are old programmes, and they are not using the laproscopany (sp) method but full incision, but each time they make the point that they are removing the gall bladder and that it is better doing it then than later.

The removal of the gall bladder has not been discussed at any of my appointments, now can someone tell me do they do this as a matter of course still or not and if not why not if it is better for us?
ive been watching them too Chris, very interesting :) xxx

When does it show and which channel please?
its on H Health on thursdays at 5, if you have virgin its channel 275 :) xxx
Actually its on mon-fri sorry x

Back