• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FB weight loss groups ....query

MissyMustDoIt

serial cryer!!
Hi all, can anyone tell me if others can see what groups ive joined, ie facebook groups,

i dont want anyone to know about my journey until im coping with it lol (after surgery etc)...i would like the support from fb....but not my friends knowing...

whatcha reckon?

im a member of 3 facebook wls groups and they are closed groups so anything posted on there etc is pivate to the members only.. and its doesnt say on your profile that you are a member of that or them groups xx

i feel exactly the same, i want support groups but dont want it all over facebook xxx

Hi all, can anyone tell me if others can see what groups ive joined, ie facebook groups,

i dont want anyone to know about my journey until im coping with it lol (after surgery etc)...i would like the support from fb....but not my friends knowing...

whatcha reckon?

ive just joined weight loss surgery buddies on facebook, its a closed group so wont show up on your wall etc ( or it better not lol ):D

What fb groups re there ???? I'm on the Sunderland one that's it

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

nikkib80 said:
ive just joined weight loss surgery buddies on facebook, its a closed group so wont show up on your wall etc ( or it better not lol ):D

I think it's open. That's how my friends I hadnt told about my op found out when I posted about it Friday :( lol

Oh never must have been awful I have been entirely open about mine but wish I hadn't at times x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's_me said:
You may find it is the Heartlands group that is open. The other group is either private.

I thought I saw it as open on my laptop. Must be the Heartlands one then.

Well everyone who didnt know now knows courtesy of Facebook anyway lol. Didn't wasn't to tell everyone yet, as didnt want the attention,

I posted in Heartlands a few weeks ago and mentioned a bypass and an old school friend though I was seriously ill and needed heart surgery.

It's_me said:
I posted in Heartlands a few weeks ago and mentioned a bypass and an old school friend though I was seriously ill and needed heart surgery.

Lol!! It's a shame that open makes it mean posted on everyone's news feed! So annoying lol

it is a closed group (not private as I stated earlier) so although non members can't see posts they can find out who are members and the name of the group kind of gives the game away if you are trying to keep your surgery private.

im not ready for all the silly judgements people make, im still getting used to things myself xxx

nikkib80 said:
im not ready for all the silly judgements people make, im still getting used to things myself xxx

That's understandable :)

thanks for all the replies....heartlands, i can read without being a member so presumably thats open....

i think ill stick to here where im safe.....from the skinnys ;)

I am a member of the Uk Buddies one, and nothing comes up on friends lists/news feeds and so on. I make a point on going on my sons one to check.

Yes people might be able to go on the group and see as far as who is members, but they would have to actively search it out , but most have no reason to !

I have been open in respect of the fact I am waiting for WLS, too old to be worrying about what other people think now, but appreciate it is not the same for everyone.

Sharon :)

I am a member of the Uk Buddies one, and nothing comes up on friends lists/news feeds and so on. I make a point on going on my sons one to check.

Yes people might be able to go on the group and see as far as who is members, but they would have to actively search it out , but most have no reason to !

I have been open in respect of the fact I am waiting for WLS, too old to be worrying about what other people think now, but appreciate it is not the same for everyone.

Sharon :)
hahaha ditto sharon xxx

Back