• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

February 2014 Surgeries

Crystalrainbow

Yoohooo Ali :) amazing eh.... this time last year we were all sitting on tender hooks waiting for our dates, life was pretty much on hold and now look at us..... was saying to hubby i think i'm the only one of us who's not suffered gallbladder roubles (so far) although keep getting unexplained pain hmmmm watch this space ......
6th feb is my anniversary another 4 and a bit weeks hoping to make my next milestone by then.........if i can re focus my mind after Christmas ...... hope everyone else doing well too x x x x Maybe once we get to feb we should do a then and now photo shoot ?? wonder what happened to the rest of us??

xkirsty88

3rd of Feb is my surgerversary.. I will be taking some new 'after' photos on the 27th oh jan as that was the date I took my 'before' photo!!

Get straight to your gp or surgeon if the pain is most likely gallstones.. Don't leave it too long! Xx

2nd timer

Hope it's not crystal! I was the first of our lot I think to get probs. it's not nice n not brill after either on the poo front!
I was done on the 13th. Still not lost a thing since the summer :/
No idea where everyone has gone :(

Georgie163

I'm still around in a very pop in kinda way :)

Happy New Year ladies and cheers to the newer us!

I've not had any problems or pains, so far fingers crossed. I'm finding it a little difficult post Christmas to come off eating carbs although still losing but at a much slower rate. Need to go to gym too but again, lost mojo for that since Dec. I have lost 9stone 6 and still need to lost a stone to get to normal bmi but I am chuffed! I can't believe this time last week I couldn't even walk up the stairs with huffing and puffing. The health benefits have been unreal. My surgiversary is 16th Feb! Blimey! I remember feeling so panicky especially after hearing what a tough time you had Ali.

Anyway.. In the words of Dory - just keep swimming! X

Crystalrainbow

I'm still around in a very pop in kinda way :)

Happy New Year ladies and cheers to the newer us!

I've not had any problems or pains, so far fingers crossed. I'm finding it a little difficult post Christmas to come off eating carbs although still losing but at a much slower rate. Need to go to gym too but again, lost mojo for that since Dec. I have lost 9stone 6 and still need to lost a stone to get to normal bmi but I am chuffed! I can't believe this time last week I couldn't even walk up the stairs with huffing and puffing. The health benefits have been unreal. My surgiversary is 16th Feb! Blimey! I remember feeling so panicky especially after hearing what a tough time you had Ali.

Anyway.. In the words of Dory - just keep swimming! X

OMG 9 stone 6 that is unreal you have done amazingly :D no wonder your chuffed........ am so very proud :) think we've all struggled with crimbo ..... a wee slip and its hard to get back on again eh..... i've had 2 reasonably good days so am hoping thats me back on track...lets hope the scales agree.

Its good to hear from you hunni.... not many of us febbers around these days x x x x x x x x x x x x

Georgie163

Thank you! Everyone has done well but I'm sorry to hear about the gallstones and feeling unwell. It's so unfair when you're trying so hard and then get chucked a swerve ball! Well done girls, a year ago I would have been happy to be 1 stone down, never in my wildest dream could I imagine I would feel healthy again.

I bought my wedding dress, the sample was a size 12 and fitted like a glove but I've ordered a size 10.. So I really do need to put Xmas and lack of activity behind me now!

Crystalrainbow

eeek 10 wedding dress that has got to be the dream :) it will be beautiful and amazing i'm sure...... we plan on tying the knot too this year although just a registry office then a hand fasting out in the woods..... at the mo a size 12 would be a dream come true .... slipping into a 14 just now has me beaming lol i have one 12 skirt a stretchy (fluke) one lol but it makes me feel good to know its almost in my grasp.

Just think ahead to the wedding photos and how wonderful you will look in that tiny dress :) that's enough to get you motivated .... one day at a time and wow just look how far you've come AMAZING!!!!

Georgie163

eeek 10 wedding dress that has got to be the dream :) it will be beautiful and amazing i'm sure...... we plan on tying the knot too this year although just a registry office then a hand fasting out in the woods..... at the mo a size 12 would be a dream come true .... slipping into a 14 just now has me beaming lol i have one 12 skirt a stretchy (fluke) one lol but it makes me feel good to know its almost in my grasp. Just think ahead to the wedding photos and how wonderful you will look in that tiny dress :) that's enough to get you motivated .... one day at a time and wow just look how far you've come AMAZING!!!!

You're so lovely Crystal! A 10 is a dream to me too right now lol! but then not too long ago, an 18 was a pipe dream that I could never imagine I would realise, so we will all get to wherever we want to be eventually.. But nothing is as good as knowing that I am healthier inside and out, I felt like a time bomb waiting to explode a year ago

xkirsty88

Happy new year Goergie, and well done on your loss! It's a fantastic loss and lucky you for not having any problems post op! I'd say I'm jealous, but I don't mind now I've had my gall bladder removed! Hehe

I bought my first size 16 trousers yesterday.. They're cuff bottom loose fitting Jersey type trousers.. So proud! Tomorrow is my official first weigh in of 2015! Xx

2nd timer

Happy first anniversaries to everyone. It's been an amazing year for so many of us. Here's to the rest to come xxx

Crystalrainbow

ditto hunni happy 1 year to you too :) its been emotional to say the least lol but here we are a whole lot lighter......... wow imagine what we've lost between us EEEkkkkkk amazing!!!! here's to next year and many many more :) x x x x x

2nd timer

image-3342302594.jpg

A year apart. Pre weight surgery n now two days before my first anniversary

2nd timer

image-1555289478.jpg

I might have plateaued , but I feel so much better than I dud a year ago

Tules

Thanks 2nd timer. Really lovely to you your family fantastic change. You look great. I hope to post a similar success photo next year.

Georgie163

Happy Surgiversary ladies!!

What an amazing journey it has been so far. The numbers on the scales mean less than all the health benefits by far! I had a health check the other day and my calculated risk of heart problems basically 0% - I shudder t the thought of what it would have been a year ago. In fact this time last year I had anxiety of not just dying, but no one would be able to carry my coffin. What a complete nut job I am haha! Xxx

Georgie163

Happy new year Goergie, and well done on your loss! It's a fantastic loss and lucky you for not having any problems post op! I'd say I'm jealous, but I don't mind now I've had my gall bladder removed! Hehe I bought my first size 16 trousers yesterday.. They're cuff bottom loose fitting Jersey type trousers.. So proud! Tomorrow is my official first weigh in of 2015! Xx

Thanks Luvvy - so glad you are feeling better after op. I love it when you buy a new size - it's just a dream xxx :)

Georgie163

I might have plateaued , but I feel so much better than I dud a year ago

Amazing hon, you look beautiful and very happy. Plateauing is such a pain, I've accepted this as everyone has them - They just mean more to us than non bariatric people because we weigh so often, we notice it more. It can bring you down but then you just need to look at pics like this to see how far you have come :) xxx

2nd timer

image-2265351216.jpg

Having fun in the panto . Would never gave done this a tear ago