• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sink or Swim

Nicola1

on my way
Oh god, i bit the bullet today and went swimming to my local pool
I might not be as big as some people, (but definately bigger than others), it doesn't make it any less embarressing, stressful or easier to strip down to a swimsuit.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
After losing 2 stone and wanting to lose another stone in 7 weeks, (with the help of my gastric balloon), in time for my holiday, i've gotto increase my exercise regime, and am so glad I did. It wasn't that bad really, especially after i took off my glasses, and then i couldn't see if anyone was even looking at me :8855:
I shall be back there tomorrow and plan to go several times a week. So if any of you out there are as anxious as i was to go swimming, bite the bullet like i did and you wont be sorry.:party0019:

Good for you! I also bit the bullet and started swimming a few months ago, your right...it's really not that bad, in fact for me it is bliss to leave the hubub of my house and have an hour to myself.
xx

well done ,being in the pool is the best feeling in the world,weightlessness is heaven when your big ,you go girl x,,

OMG just checked my fitness pal and discovered that 60mins of general breaststoke equates to burning 913 calories, whoop whoop, more incentive to go back tomorrow
Thanks all for the support x

i used to love swimming but as i got bigger and bigger started to hate it ,it wasn't the swimming i hated but from changing room to poolside and as i have rheumatoid arthiritis can't walk very fast and took ages to climb in and out , so i stopped going :( now i'm really looking forward to going again after i've eventually had my op :) well done to you x

Well, after going swimming a couple if times with a friend of mine,( bless her she always gets the short straw, she dragged my bum up snowdon 3 months ago, literally going 10 steps at s time towards the summit, but she got me there), I've plucked up enough courage to go on my own and it's not that bad, all shapes and sizes there and no-one really cares what you look like, all there for one reason or other but all with the same goal, to get fitter.
Next year aiming for 3 peaks challenge, hopefully the lengthy version which is done in 3 days, so need to buck up my fitness ten fold!! Nothing like setting the bar high
Anyway would just like to say to others out there wanting to go swimming but don't have the confidence to just try it, it's really not that bad and I promise you won't regret it x

Well done Nicola, I also go swimming, however tonight I have been playing Just dance 2 with my 6 year old daughter, and the best part was I could breathe after one song, and I did not get beat by a six year old. I wish I had done this years ago

Back