• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ouch!

bakedbeanleg

fat fighter!
just having a few probs post 1st fill... i had my 1st fill on weds and had liquids for a couple of days which was okay, but just started to eat solids as ive been told to do and its absolutely killing me! cant really manage even a mouthful without the pain in my chest, do you think this is a liquid to solid transitional thing or that the band is too tight? i had only 1ml at time of my op, and just had another 4 mls during xray fill. dont want to start panicking, but wondered if other banders had the same problem after their first fills

thanks carly x

It could be you need a couple more days on liquids/mushies before dry dense foods. I think we have all had varying advice from our different providers and of course we are all different in how we react to fills.
The fill you just has is quite a jump from what you are used to as well.
Take it really steady and slow and if you are worried call your team.
I would see how you feel in a couple days, if it hasn't calmed down it could be you need a half mil or something out to just help you eat properly.

Yes I agree with Neen hun have another couple of days to see how it goes incase you're still a bit swollen and if you can't manage anything after that have a smidgen taken out as there's nothing worse that a too tight band, its miserable...

Sorry can't help as I'm a bypasser but hope things have settled down for you x

personally i have never had the problem myself, it is a big jump to go from 1 ml to 4mls... i have to agree though with the others...try softer food for a few days and then try again..if the same problem contact your team, they will be able to advise you better...good luck and i hope the pain goes away soon xx

thanks you guys, ive porridged and souped it up today, which was ok, think i'll do the same again tomorrow and gunna try solids on tuesday i think, thanks again x

Back