• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel like a frozen popsicle

Janeywanttoloosealot

Hi everyone,

Please tell me i am not the only one but i am feeling the cold so much. I know it is very cold but i don't seem to be able to get warm at all unless i have 2 duvets round me. Does any one else have this problem? Janey:needhug::bundledup:

I'm the same too! I have a duvet, quilted throw AND a blanket at the mo to keep me warm in bed! :rolleyes: Hubby moans he's too hot but hey, there's always the sofa... ;)

Cuppa xx

I'm the same too! I have a duvet, quilted throw AND a blanket at the mo to keep me warm in bed! :rolleyes: Hubby moans he's too hot but hey, there's always the sofa... ;)

Cuppa xx

But would you be comfortable on the sofa Cuppa?

No seriously i am hot, but then i got lots of insulation. Those of you wannabe skinnies are losing all your built in insulation, i recommend Aldi, they got thermals (for ski-ing, but lets face it we got the weather) and may help with the coldness. Unfortunately as much as i've looked at them i can't imagine anyone finding long johns sexy......... :(

Me too - one advantage of WLS - being able to put socks on - by myself woohoo

Apparently its because when one is obese the blood vessels expand to keep the core temp constant then when we lose the weight the vessels haven't the ability to contract and hence we feel the cold more than normal mere mortals - plus fat insulates haha

Think I prefer cold - though the jury is out lol

Angela x

very weird when i was 5 stone heavier i was always freezing . now im warmer think my circulation is improving x

Yes, it is cold outside but I was just as cold last winter shortly after getting my bypass. It is a side effect of rapid weight loss that your body conserves energy. Also as mentioned the insulation decreases. I am ALWAYS cold these days, wearing multiple pairs of socks and jumpers. I have given my poor heater the workout lately, infact my cat is passed out under the heater right now, looks like she is sunbathing at the beach, so I must have the heater pretty high lol!

Seriously though, I used to laugh and smirk at the thin friends I had complaining about how cold they were, my answer was always 'then try eating something' haha didn't know how right I was. I would pick thin & cold every time tho! Just wondering do they make pjs that plug in? hmmm...

Nic:p:p:p

An electric blanket is the only thing that's working for me at the mo, it's bloody freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing:eek::eek:

Been cold since I had my op. One thing about being thinner is its not as bulky wearing many layers.

since i stopped loosing y temprature seems to have settled and im not feeling the cold like i did this time last year. so it does get better honest!!!

Back