• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a little low today :-( sorry 4moan

lisa1983

It's day 17 out from having my gastric band op my belly still very sore Still downThe left side, and under my breast is as well I wanna cry today :-(

I got to say today am really feeling down I got a cluster of ocers in my mouth I've weight my self and still have not lost any weight am the same as what I was last week
I only lost 1stone 1lb this I no is very good but tbh am eating very little but not losing :-(

Yesterday I had piece salmon with cus cus for lunch then I had a smoothie for t.

Am still not lost even half lb!

My husband is very very supportive and told me it will come off.
But when u spent 5 grand and u don't even get half lb in week am not eating lots

So I really don't understand why am not losing.:-(

Tbh it making me feel very down, normally am very happy go lucky girl but it's a real struggle today to smile

Sorry for moan but no one else will under stand like people who going throw it just clef my mum she was like

It takes a while or are u cheating so much for faith in me!!
Couldn't cheat as if I eat somthink that don't agree with me am sick so no I haven't think she got a bloody cheek to ask

Sorry again for moan

Hi Lisa. I'm a sleever, but here anyway...
I wouldn't worry about the weightloss, your body goes through this at some point, sort of worries you're not going to eat again, so hangs on to what you've got for a while. It'll soon realise there's more to come and the weight will slide off. Maybe check you're not having too few calories, and remember to keep your fluids up.
As for the pain, the surgeon needs to cut through muscle to get to where he needs to be, and this takes some time to heal. If you're worried about it or it gets no better/worse, then I'd contact your provider.
Hope you feel happier soon.
Good luck.

am eating very little but not losing
this could well be your answer, in that you actually aren't eating enough or of the right things to enable you to lose weight. Im at the same point as you are post op, and you've actually had a big loss since your surgery, it will even out and you will get fluctuations. But I would certainly take a look at what you're eating. I lost 10lb my first week, 2lb the second, but if you're not eating enough the body can go into that starvation mode and it maybe that you need to sdo something to kick start it.

If you're on the puree'd mushy stage have you tried having smaller meals but more often? My provider actually suggests in the first week to have 4-6 smaller mush/pureed meals during the day, slowly working through to having 3 at the end of the two weeks. But also to focus on the protein content which can also help kick start that weight loss.

I understand where you're coming from, after having a 10lb loss followed by a 2lb one,you have the highs and the lows, and I have no fill in my band at all yet, but find that I have to actually sit down and make myself eat otherwise I could quite easily just stay on liquids.

top_kat said:
this could well be your answer, in that you actually aren't eating enough or of the right things to enable you to lose weight. Im at the same point as you are post op, and you've actually had a big loss since your surgery, it will even out and you will get fluctuations. But I would certainly take a look at what you're eating. I lost 10lb my first week, 2lb the second, but if you're not eating enough the body can go into that starvation mode and it maybe that you need to sdo something to kick start it.

If you're on the puree'd mushy stage have you tried having smaller meals but more often? My provider actually suggests in the first week to have 4-6 smaller mush/pureed meals during the day, slowly working through to having 3 at the end of the two weeks. But also to focus on the protein content which can also help kick start that weight loss.

I understand where you're coming from, after having a 10lb loss followed by a 2lb one,you have the highs and the lows, and I have no fill in my band at all yet, but find that I have to actually sit down and make myself eat otherwise I could quite easily just stay on liquids.

Yes I have 4ml infill in a small 10 ml in lap band i only been eating 1-2 small meals id i can manage a second one then other meal i have smoothie so it hard to mange to try to eat 3 meals but small
I just had scrambled eggs it was lovely so gonna see how I get on.

I understand where ur coming from with weight as it a hard struggle but it my journey and am hoping it will kick start very soon

I think ur rite I prob don't drink enought I have coffee morning and one at supper time then I drink 50ml smoothie and that it do gonna try to drink a little more!
I've train my body not to drink to much as I have a very very weak bladder but maybe this is my trouble??

Thank u all for ur advice it gd to no am not alone :-(

I think i will be the same if i dont see those pounds coming off and im eating mouse size meals it will proberly get me down....
However I think its going to take time for your body to sort its self out, so dont beat yourself up just go with it try what top kat said and update us with your losses as im sure you will shift loads of pounds before you know it xxxx

Carre said:
I think i will be the same if i dont see those pounds coming off and im eating mouse size meals it will proberly get me down....
However I think its going to take time for your body to sort its self out, so dont beat yourself up just go with it try what top kat said and update us with your losses as im sure you will shift loads of pounds before you know it xxxx

Thank u I just down loaded my fitness app so gonna try that as well x

I've been using myfitnesspal too, its great to see what you have eaten. I upload the exercise too, but I don't take the "extra calories" it gives you because Im not consuming anywhere near the level of the 1800 calories it says I should be, but its handy to see the breakdown of the foods as long as you track it fully :)

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear your feeling down :( I use my fitness pal it's been brilliant to keep track. I saw my dr yesterday and he told me the following:

Drink 3 lts water

Protein first, then veg and only carbs if I'm still hungry. The lower the carbs the better the weight loss.

5-6 small meals a day.

1200 calories a day

Watch how much yogurt/smoothies I'm having.

You prob know all of this so hope u don't think I'm trying to teach u to suck eggs. Maybe your not eating enough. I think sometimes we eat less as so worried we are going to gain.

Hang in there x

Hey lottie

Tbh I did not no what u said !! And it great to have advice
The only thing thg have told me is not to eat meat or rice for 4 mth But going to group session on 24 so hoping they will tell me bit more about it

I did not no any think like eat protein first ?? I new I needed to drink more but struggle to get it down with out bringing it back up!!

It's all new to me
I now down loaded my fitness app it say try to eat 1450 cal but tbh am having way way under that

Which provider did u have ur band with?? As everyone seem to been told about protein first x

Hi,

I had my Band done privately in Dubai as that's where I'm living right now.

I have a whole list of does and donts lol. Would you like me to send it to your inbox ?

Protein is really important when your eating fewer calories as it feeds your muscles. Otherwise instead of loosing fat your body eats your muscles.

I can't see your weight as on iPhone but I'm 15st 13 lb and 5'7 and was told 1000- 1200 calories maximum.

Xx

Hi Lisa,

Hope you are ok? I know what its like to have those down days and you will get throuh and you will loose the weight.

I really know how you feel but just keep trying xx

Jane

Hey fab 40

Thank u it mean so much.
It just so hard when u try and nonthink seem to work at mo

Stuck in rut
Lisa x

Back