• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm getting a greedy pig pre-op! Very down today :(

Cowgirl

Licks the lid of life!
Hi Guys and Gals

I've been really down today, not really sure why but have been very restless and bored and just frustrated really.

I'm not going mad but I'm becoming greedy with the build up to the op, I'm having things cos I think "Sod it I wont be able to do this soon" and this is the kind of thing that makes me feel bad and withdrawn.

Did you post banders/bypassers go through this when you knew you wouldn't be a free eater for long? I'm going on hols next week and Im gonna just enjoy myself there but Ive got nearly a week to go yet and I feel like I'm being greedy.
I don't just want a bowl of ice-cream, I want a flake with it too!!! I dont want boiled potatoes I want chips? Is this normal? I will be able to cope with a band wont I? I'm sure I'm just feeling like this because Ive only got 3 weeks of free eating!

Please help me! Tell me I'm not mad!:cry:

Love

Gina
xxxx

Im Laughing, your so not going mad Gina really i went absolutley mad when i knew i was starting pre op diet and had everything i could possibly think of that i liked. Have what you want then you wont feel deprived until you start. You will be ok i promise.
Well friday night and ive just got in from the asda (great) had a word with my nurse today and she told me things i could eat like yogurt and slimfasts soups so i went to the baby section in asda and bought myself some baby porridge did i do good or what lol. Knocked myself up so im now in bed. Just had a bit of ice cream to soothe insides. my tum has really bloated from all the walking round asda. Thats with showing off. X

Thank you Chez!

I suppose that guilty eating thing is something I will have to get over once I have the band as I wont be able to do it then anyway. Old habits die hard don't they!

Glad you went out tonight, even though it was to ASDA! Probably done you good to just get ot and have a mooch around even though you're knackered now! Rest up and sleep well tonight babe!xxxx

Your days will go really fast Gina by the time your back off your hols you will be in. Try not to think about the band too much and just enjoy your self because when you come back you have alot of hard work to do. Tonight it got to me a bit because i ahd to call to mcdonalds for my little girl she has flu and really wanted some nuggets i was like wow when i pulled up at the drive through and when i got home i was looking at the fries that she didn't touch and picked them up and put them straight in the bin. Well done me i even thought yuk all that crap in them.

Your days will go really fast Gina by the time your back off your hols you will be in. Try not to think about the band too much and just enjoy your self because when you come back you have alot of hard work to do. Tonight it got to me a bit because i ahd to call to mcdonalds for my little girl she has flu and really wanted some nuggets i was like wow when i pulled up at the drive through and when i got home i was looking at the fries that she didn't touch and picked them up and put them straight in the bin. Well done me i even thought yuk all that crap in them.

Yay, well done girl!
Chips in the bin, i bet it was the smell more than anything though eh?

Oh yes, I did EXACTLY the smae. In fact, I was more peeved because I couldn't eat enough!! It was like 'the last supper'!! Don't worry & have a fab holiday

Thanks Ditzy, So pleased I'm not alone!xxxx

Hi its not just you! ive got my band booked for end of oct and im eating for england!!!! its disgusting ......i mean really bad! ive always eaten for the sake of it, but since i decided on surgery ive been loads worse i even keep thinking roll on pre op diet or i might explode, i suppose its the whole psycological relationship with food most of us have that make us need surgery in the first place, but i dont thnk your on your own doing this, i know i definatly am and i imagine a lot of others on here did the same, last supper before starting new diet etc etc, i hope this helps you knowing im doing exactly the same. wishiwasslim. x x

Hi its not just you! ive got my band booked for end of oct and im eating for england!!!! its disgusting ......i mean really bad! ive always eaten for the sake of it, but since i decided on surgery ive been loads worse i even keep thinking roll on pre op diet or i might explode, i suppose its the whole psycological relationship with food most of us have that make us need surgery in the first place, but i dont thnk your on your own doing this, i know i definatly am and i imagine a lot of others on here did the same, last supper before starting new diet etc etc, i hope this helps you knowing im doing exactly the same. wishiwasslim. x x

Hi WIWS

So pleased that youre doing the same thing! LOL I want to have all my favourite things before I'm denied them I suppose!

I've already decided what I'm going to have in 3 weeks time as my final dinner before starting the pre-op diet! If Im not addicted to food I don't knwo who is! LOL

Thank you for your comment,
Love
Ginaxxxx

Hi cowgirl, what date do you have your surgery? It cant come soon enough for me but im also so scared, what about you?
love w i w s x x

Don't worry about it. I went on holiday and two days after my return went on the pre-op. Ate everything I could possibly get down on hols. Put on another 10lb. Last meal thought I would have a lamb stew which included everything and of course lots of bread. On pre-op started dreaming of a cheese roll with cheese and onion crisps. By the time I went down for my op it had turned into a french stick with cheese and crisps. -Have a great time on your hols-Loll

Hi Gina it is totally normal what you are doing i had my last supper last monday night before i started my pre op diet only 10 days left on this dreaded diet till surgery so dont worry and enjoy while you can

Corrine xx

Me too, i had to do a pre pre op diet, and last week end i stuffed myself like a warthog ! Fajitas,roasts,cakes etc...by monday i felt so sick, i was pleased to go on slimfast,however today 4 days in, all i can think about is a bacon sarnie !!! Sucks eh.... But hey gang, were all the same, in the same boat and at least we have each other to chat to,when the going gets tough !!

Hi guys
god im glad i had a few mins and logged on...IM not alone!! have my band op oct 26th...thought i was the only human bin, now its just the norm feel loads better now...i am really worried tho bout the pre-op diet, dont have any milk ever, so not much choice on my list, will just have to stick to it i know, but im worried i will fail like so many years of failure, did any1 else feel the same x

you are so normal, dont worry i think that this is something we will battle with for life thats why we need this reminder eg band, i still am a real pig but i desperately need a fill of the surgical kind!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your free eating

moe

Hi cowgirl, what date do you have your surgery? It cant come soon enough for me but im also so scared, what about you?
love w i w s x x
Hi WIWS

My Band date is 28th October, I can't wait. I'm not scared, just a little anxious about having the control taken out of my hands to lose my security blanket E.g Fat!
It couldn't come quick enough for me either, I even wish I wasn't going on holiday so I could get it done sooner, but hey, i might aswell enjoy my last few weeks!

Gina!xxxx

Oh thank you everyone who has taken the time to comment!

I feel a lot better today and am looking forward to a bowl of Ice Cream and a flake whilst watching the X Factor tonight! LOL (Sorry for those who are on the pre-op diet! You can get me back in 3 weeks time!)

Big hugz and kisses to you all pre and post op!

Gina xxxxx

Hi Gina, glad you feeling a bit better today. enjoy your ice cream and flake!!!! YUM YUM have one for me too xx

hi hun
i was in america just before preop and i ate like a mad woman i put on 15lb in usa and actually looked foward 2it when i got home as i was sick of food..
goodluck hun
emma xx

i was the same i put on 10lbs from my consultation till my pre op! on my last supper i ate so much i nearly thru up then on first night of pre op i cried my eyes out but i found the pre op was a great way to break the scoffing habit it makes you realise if you can survive on 4 pints of milk a day you really dont need all that your having x dont feel guilty just enjoy it and have a great holiday

Back