• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down today

Spikeyjaycee

I've been feeling down today. Well actually it started yesterday. I get these weird mood swings when I feel alienated from the rest of the world and can't stand having anyone near me (sorry hubby!). We went out to the theatre last nite and it was a really good show "Dancing In The Streets - story of Mowtown" and I just sat there hating everyone for having a good time. I'm even feeling at times that I don't love my husband anymore - I'm sure I do but he doesn't understand what its like being in this body I am lugging around 24/7. When I feel like this I get defiant too - I will gorge my way through chocolate, sweets, ice cream, biscuits etc - and I don't know why. I do know eating a lot of chocolate makes me feel even more down so its a vicious circle. Other times I'm fine and life is ok.
Does anyone else have these mood swings. Am I heading for menopause I wonder?
Thanks for listening.:sigh:

Julie, try not to despair.

You're in a position where a lot of us were and by no means are you alone.

I was very very moody before my operation. I used to look for arguments if I was feeling down. I used to feel down because I didn't want to go out or people wanted me to go out and do things. But I didn't like how I was, so I used every excuse to try and stop in. Then eat and eat, even though I didn't want to!

It's a terrible cycle to be in and I wish there was a switch I could turn for you that would make it better.

In time, when things move on, so will you, just like I have and lots on here have too. It's just a stage in your life you will look back on and understand totally where you were, but never understand why you were here.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I can't wait till you're happiness arrives and you see what was and what now is!

Reading this thread, Ive just realised how much better my moods are now that Ive lost some weight! Still whilst you continue to do battle with your PCT, there is no reason why you cant get some help. I suggest you speak to your GP (assuming he/she is sympathetic) - maybe you need a short course of anti depressants and or some counselling. Nothing like talking it out to make you feel better. Good luck and hang in there.

well woke up this morn in a mood well not a mood really just down. got worse as day went on and i went back to bed only getting up at 4. be great tonight when i try to go to sleep:sigh: dunno why i feel down but its horrible. feel better soon hun xxx

Back