• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tired and a bit teary.

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
Hi everyone, did anyone else feel tired and a bit tearful after their op.? I'm scared I could be getting ill again (Bipolar) but it doesn't feel like that, somedays I feel good and others, just exhausted and want to cry - even though I'm really happy about my weightloss etc and that I've had the op. :wave_cry:

sorry hun im pre op, so i cant comment, didnt wanna read and run...

i will say when i did lipotrim i had days like that... some days fine, some days i was sooo tired, and just wanted to cry.

Try not to worry about the bipolar... it's more than likely just that your body is adjusting, after all, your calorie intake will be much lower... im sure someone will be along who knows more!!!

chin up lovely!!!

.x.

sorry hun im pre op, so i cant comment, didnt wanna read and run...

i will say when i did lipotrim i had days like that... some days fine, some days i was sooo tired, and just wanted to cry.

Try not to worry about the bipolar... it's more than likely just that your body is adjusting, after all, your calorie intake will be much lower... im sure someone will be along who knows more!!!

chin up lovely!!!

.x.
That's really lovely and a bit reassuring as well. Thankyou.

Hi everyone, did anyone else feel tired and a bit tearful after their op.? I'm scared I could be getting ill again (Bipolar) but it doesn't feel like that, somedays I feel good and others, just exhausted and want to cry - even though I'm really happy about my weightloss etc and that I've had the op. :wave_cry:

Hi although Im only a week pre op, Ive had moments when Ive been tearfull. Im sure as the time goes on after surgery that you get very tired from the lack of food let alone the actual operation. This will take it out of you. We seem to forget how major surgery it is and think we will be fine in a day or so when it does take a while.
Chin up, don't worry about it im sure everyone goes through this and Im sure they will post and help you

Hugs
xxx

Thankyou Jayne, hope you have a speedy recovery. I guess it takes time to recover physically and emotionally.

Thankyou Jayne, hope you have a speedy recovery. I guess it takes time to recover physically and emotionally.

Your very welcome, I too suffer from depression but not bi polar so do know a bit about where your coming from. Look at all that fantastic weight loss you have had and like you said yourself, you don't feel like your going to be ill so thats a great sign that its just the operation and don't forget, we all will suffer from a bit of food greif. I know this sounds mad but most of us are here because we love to comfort eat. Its important that we get our minds in the right frame too!

xx;)

tiredness comes from the body needing to heal/repair itself, the emotions come from that ajustment after all you've not long had major surgery, it does get easier as the weeks go by.

liz x

don't forget there will always be people on here for you to moan to... oh jesus... that sounds so cheesy...

just think about how amazing you will feel this time next year...

top banana!

.x.

Hi Jenni

I had the bypass not the band but just wanted to say i experienced the exact same in the first few weeks after the op.

I could be fine one minute and then the next be in tears. Drove my other half mad coz i couldnt tell him why i was crying.

It does get easier though so stick with it.

Congrats on your fantastic weight loss so far by the way, superb. Keep it up :D

Thankyou everyone so much for your advice and kind words.

Sorry your feeling like this, But I think its quite normal,
I had the gastric bypass 4 months ago and I was a total emotional freak for the first 6 weeks lol, I also suffered from deppression and anxiety attacks for 10 years before my Op and was hoping to come off my medication once I started losing weight and feeling better about myself.
Well let me tell you one day i was so happy and felt good about myself, the next minuite I would just start to cry for no reason at all, sometimes just watching tv something would trigger me off and i would just start crying, with me I think i was crying because I was so happy to know and hope that I was gonna get my life back after so many years of hating myself and loathing myself and being depressed about the way I looked and my weight.
I stopped taking my anti depressants and anxciety tablets and no longer take medication for anything now, only my muilti vitamins.
Don't get me wrong some days I do feel a bit down and tired and each day is different. but you will get there I am sure you will.
Hope your feeling better soon, (((((Big HUgs to you)))) xxx

Last edited:
Hi Jenni, sorry to hear you're feeling like this. You have just had major surgery(not even a month yet) so your body is still healing and getting over the shock of something invading its domain. Whenyour body is recovering your energy levels will drop as every ounce of energy goes into the recovery mode. When you're tired you're emotional so it all comes together in the end that it will be you're feeling like this due to the op and not your bipolar.A few more weeks sweetheart and you will be laughing at how much energy it took for you to get through this and wonder where all the energy came from. I hope you feel better soon as there's nothing worse than being tearful and not being able to put your finger on the reason.Hope this helps if not I've probably just confused you even more lol. Big hugs xx Gaynor xx

major life style change, even after alot of research, some times can hit hard when it happens, the day after my 1st band i was sat up crying in the bed saying "get this thing out of me !" i panicked they calmed me down, i have no regrets now.

you will be fine after the ajustment process, research helps, but when its real its different and its its real life not research , you will ajust after the healing process, u will i promise x

hi im pre-op but a freind had it done last year and she was up and down for a while so i guess that its normall .worth it though to lose all the weight, afterall if your like me i bet you shed a lot more tears over the weight before you had it done i cant wait to be post opi know it wont be easy getting used to the new me but it will be so worth it

Hi,

Yes, I do! There are days when I am almost delirious with happiness then days when I feel so low and crabby I could kill.

It's a big thing we have done and I guess we should expect some emotional imbalance. I am not overly concerned (I am on Citalopram drops anyway), but if it gors on and on and becomes worse, I would speak to my GP.

both you and me Red tho Im on citalpran tablets that Im cutting in 4 (no joke as they are about the size of a baby asprin!

I go up and down a fair bit not as bad as pre-meds but still....a major life event like this is bound to bring to the surface deep feelings and worries...if your feeling desperatly sad I would pop along to your Drs and have a chat...most Drs are very supportive around issues like this and would rather you came to them before you get desperattly sad all day everyday.

Take care of yourself xxx

Yeap me to, I'm the same one minute I'm high as a kite next I don't wana get out of bed. I think that once we have lost most of our excess weight, our highs will get more and hopefully our lows less. Keep smiling though pips :)

both you and me Red tho Im on citalpran tablets that Im cutting in 4 (no joke as they are about the size of a baby asprin!

I go up and down a fair bit not as bad as pre-meds but still....a major life event like this is bound to bring to the surface deep feelings and worries...if your feeling desperatly sad I would pop along to your Drs and have a chat...most Drs are very supportive around issues like this and would rather you came to them before you get desperattly sad all day everyday.

Take care of yourself xxx

The hospital gave me my Citalopram in drop form (yucky). I bought a pill crusher from the chemist yesterday and it's brill! I only wished they'd have had them when my Mom was alive. I'd have to put her tablets into a piece of folded paper and smash them with a rolling pin. Poor love, she just couldn't swallow a tablet.

yep Ive got a funky little blue pill chopper and it works well

Thankyou everyone for your open and helpful posts. It makes me feel reassured that I'm not the only one - not that I'd wish it on anyone!

Back