• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling a little disheartened

caraline

Hi guys, I am feeling a little down tonight. I have been trying my best to loose some weight, because I will be due to get my endoscopy soon. and I was told to keep trying to loose a bit. well I have put it on. with the cold weather been here I don't go out much now. then I have my family coming in asking me to make stew and dumplings, :argh: I love my stew's. Sorry for the twisting on x

Hi guys, I am feeling a little down tonight. I have been trying my best to loose some weight, because I will be due to get my endoscopy soon. and I was told to keep trying to loose a bit. well I have put it on. with the cold weather been here I don't go out much now. then I have my family coming in asking me to make stew and dumplings, :argh: I love my stew's. Sorry for the twisting on x
sorry you're feeling down :( cant you have stew without dumplings? i know its hard coz they are sooo yummy lol hope you feel better soon :) x

Try and have just the meat and veg, and don't go having bread and butter with it. It doesn't matter what you have to sacrifice to get some weight off, because believe me, it will be worth everything you can think of to this op.
Good luck.

Hi Caraline try not to get too disheartened, I have been there and it is not easy, just make yourself a tiny dumpling if you have to have one, if I have a tiny dumpling I have no potato so try and compensate that way. Just go back to the drawing board and start again plan your meals if you can so you know what you can have and try and stick to it. What are you doing in the morning I see you live at ferryhill any chance you can come to our coffeee n chat in darlington, we are meeting in cafe bar which is part of the Dolphin center in the market place next to the Hole in the Wall pub. 11am. Would be lovely to meet you should you be free to come and you will be able to see you are not alone in this quest to get your weight off, great opportunity to come and share our thoughts experiences and our fears. Post and pre oppers, sleevers, banders and bypassers and ballooners, attending. xx

I am busy tomorrow sorry chrisa, maybe another time. I do like my stew though :( I will have to try not to eat any potato. and the rest of the fam can go without the dumplings x

Oh bless, it is so hard. Can you make a stew and turn it into a bit of a soup? That way you can still eat a reasonable looking meal but it's much less calorific?

I am busy tomorrow sorry chrisa, maybe another time. I do like my stew though :( I will have to try not to eat any potato. and the rest of the fam can go without the dumplings x

bahahahaha :8855:

can you just have a small portion make sure you have a small bowl and put it in that before you dish out the others :) getting used to small portions now will help when the time comes for the op x have a drink of water before you eat it and you will feel fuller too :)

hi i no its hard but just keep thinking next app after endscopy will be your opp date. so keep up the good work just give yourself a treat once a week. i no you can do it, im starting my diet on the monday 5th nov ready for my opp on the 17th november i never thought i would get this far but i have and you will to xx

Hi I had put on 2lb at my endoscopy appointment (which was no way as bad as I had thought - the endoscopy I mean!) But I cant stop eating since. My endoscpy was 29th Aug - I need to get back on track - I think we all have blips but my head is out of control along with my eating. I know how you feel. Have you thought about joining a slimming club before the op? I think I may have to....

Thanx everyone for the comments. I was thinking about going to slimming world, i just thought if I could just get back into the swing of things again, I would be alright. I mean I have lost over 2 stone waiting for my opp. I will just have to pull my socks up. and get myself sorted. cheers everyone x

Not to worry Caroline, the meeting went great we are having another 1 on 1st december same place watch out for it, i will advertise it nearer the time. take care xx

Back