• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yo-Yo Emotions!

Pandora_150

Finally Post-op!
I am being driven mad by my mood swings!!!

I can't stand it anymore! I don't know if I am going to be up one minute and horrifically down the next! When I am in the 'down' period, I know what I am thinking is irrational and its me 'overreacting', but I just can't help it! I just can't help how I feel. But this is leading to feelings of horrible guilt when I calm down that I can't get rid of either.

I know why this is happening. I know that hormones are stored in your fat, and so when the fat is disolved (when your losing weight) all these hormones are released into your system.

Just because I know whats happening and why, doesn't help in the slightest!

I am lucky and dont have 'TOTM' as I am on the Implant, so I am not use to having to deal with this.

Please please please can anyone help me! Is there something that helps calm these feelings down? Or something that someone does that helps them?

I don't even think there IS anything that can help. I am just at a loss right now!

Steph x

People think because you have lost so much weight that you should be over the moon 24/7 but emotions are crap and will rear the heads when ever they fancy, iv no advice for you as i dont know why it affects some people more than other just hope your feeling more upbeat soon x

Thanks Hannah!

I guess I have some part of me that is wishing someone would come along and wave a magic wand and my emotions will stabalise! I know its not that easy or simple. And I know it isnt going to go away any time soon.

It is only really in the past week that it has become a problem for me. I can deal with some mood swings and I can deal with some emotional instability (and to be honest I can get away with it as I am a woman - but shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell the lads!).

This past week has been horrific! I know I am going to have to wait it out, but I am hoping that coming on here and moaning a little will help me get some of it out of my system!

Steph x

I know exactly what you mean, I am experiencing a very similar thing, but probably with different hormones. :D I have been told that oestrogen is held in the fat and as that goes so does the balance with my testosterone. This could explain several phenomena. ;)
Are you managing to keep your fluid intake up? That should help flush through any "released" as you lose the fat. I think that is half of my problem as I just don't get enough through me. I have been quite short with some people and it has got me into trouble more than once. If you find any more ideas please let us know.

John xx

I didn't realise that losing weight affected our hormones:eek::eek:It explains a lot with me then:eek::eek:Well done on the fantastic super speedy weight loss hun x:D:D

I too have the implant and not had a monthly for 12 years - until surgery lol. Now I have gone from having one every 2 weeks to WEEKLY. Doc has put me on a hormone pill to help and also an anti depressant as ahe thinks I may be borderline depressed (gutted as not been depressed for nearly 5 years). I'm gutted cause I just keep increasing the tablets I am taking - but if my emotions feel better it will all be worth it (for me and my family lol).

Awwwww guys!!!
Blimey I had no idea about the hormones storage, I am learning on a daily basis with this site!!

I hope you all are feeling better soon.

My main worry is the anti d thing post op, I can't take mine on an empty stomach and dread changing it to a liquid one is case it makes me sick, if no anti d's and pinging hormones all over the joint how much fun am I going to be to live with!!! My poor kids!!! lol

Oh thanks for the advice Lisa :) It's more the way they react to me when I have little or nothing in my stomach, I get dreadful heartburn and very often if have eaten nothing throw up. Second pregnancy was a disaster as couldn't take them due to being sick all the time.
Might get an app with my doc for a chat this half term.
Oooh I love this site!!! :) :) So many lovely people :)

Back