• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down today

VikiB

I'm feeling low today...I'm on day 7 of my pre-op diet and 9 days to surgery day. I'm fed up with the diet I really want a chocolate cupcake and a tall glass of milk. I'd kill for a sausage sandwich. Do'nt worry I won't cheat I just had to say how I'm feeling. I am sick to death of chicken and green veg:(:cry:
Oh and have a quick question what should I put in my hospital bag?? Anything special? I have my pj's slippers toiletries and a book...what else is a good idea?
thanks for any response

Aw Viki, Sorry you are struggling, honey :wave_cry: I did the milk diet which although it sound horrible, it was better for me as you can't really cheat. Keep your eye on the prize, sweetie :)
Don't forget your pillow for on the way home in the car to soften the bumps in the road. Lipsil & earplugs are a good idea too.
Hope you feel better tomorrow xxx :)

Yes agree with twinkle ear plug, windeze and defo pillow for the way tonight.

Oh and good luck with the surgery. I had a very bad day once on the pre op diet but still was ok... keep strong it is so worth it 216 pounds at op and now 189 10 weeks out. Keep the eyes on the price

Best advice i can give you is whip them pj's out and swap for a nightie. You probably will be catheterised and it's just so much easier with a nightie. That and having the waistband around your tum post op.

I took: nighties, wash bag, mouth spray (for horrid metal mouth which i never suffered with), nas squash... You will feel quite tired after so probably won't want to sit and read.... Oh yes, deflatine mints for the wind pain, not sure they worked but psychologically they are great :)

thanks girls I'm ok now have just got my daily fruit out and the sweet tooth and cravings are going...I'm not going to lose sight of the big picture I'm just feeling a bit sorry for myself today is all it will pass but nice to have support:)
Maybe I'm being simple here but what are the earplugs for?

Neighbours in other room. Do u can sleep at night

ohhhh i see lol yes good idea

Back