• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling sorry for myself

happy days

Not wls related but feeling very emotional. 14 yrs ago today my life was turned upside down by being told my unborn child had severe heart problems. I gave birth the next day and the roller coaster began, eventually 6 yrs ago he had a transplant a second chance. I feel I've really let him down since then not been able to live life to the full cos I was bloody fat now he is 14 tommorow and iam ten stone lighter but it's too late. Who wants to be around their patents at that age. Hindsight is a wonderful thing I wish I had done this sooner. I've let both my children, my husband and myself down.
Rant over :(

Oh sweetie, dont beat yourself up - life is too short to look back! I feel the same a bit about my two - how they have missed out on things cos I wouldnt take them etc.. but our kids are still young enough and your 14 year old is like my 13 year old - embarrassed about parents, but its only a phase (so my sister tells me) and in 3 years or so they will want to know us, and when we are slim, trendy grandparents, they will certainly want to know us, as we skip off to the park with our grandchildren!! now that is something we couldnt have done before we started this journey! keep your chin up and just think of all the things he will be proud of you for in the future - we are emerging butterflies xx

How can you think you have let him down? I bet he would not say you have. All parents have hangups of some sort or another no matter how hard they try & as long as a child knows they are safe & loved then everything else is a bonus. I am sure he would not swap you for the world xxx :):)

I dont think for one minute your son loves you any less for being fat in the past,he loves that you were there when he was sick,when he went down to theatre,when he fell over,when hejust needed a hug.I know from experience,my son is 32 and we went through lots together and he never gave my weight a thought,I was just his Mum who would walk through fire for him.Give yourself a break,the past is gone,enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow!best love Maz x

Thanks everyone dont know what's wrong with me today just feeling really emotional. On the brightside I can come on here and hav my bit moan instead of reaching for the fridge like the old days x

I know my kids hubby family and friends love me no matter what fat or thin. Just having one of those days to be honest I think iam more emotional because I thought he wud never get to this age, then the mind started to wonder about all the other crap of lost time etc.

Back