• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feeling down

hi Hun, more so than recipes, let's start with what you are eating, then we can look at suggestions to help the weight on its way :)

hi
i eat scrembled eggs toast or cereal, jacket spuds tuna salad chicken dont eat bread anymore i do eat sandwich thins, smaller portions of almost anything

Hi hun :)

Have you tried swapping the carb things over and focussing on a protein high diet for a while. So stepping back from toast, potatoes and sandwich thins to having and focussing on tuna, fish, chicken, prawns, with perhaps a bit of crunch from things such as cucumber?

Sometimes completely changing around what we eat can kick start the loss, as well as focussing on foods which are band friendly, but for some people heavy carb foods can slow down the weight loss, protein helps to speed this up due to the way its digested but uses energy.

Do you log your food? Keeping a diary can help as you can then see what you're eating and quantities and then make adjustments to find what works, reducing calories, swapping carb foods for protein, and by changing it around, exercising, lots of water, all of this can help get it shifting - the band is there, its in place but the majority of the work has to come from us and what we eat :)

i dont eat shell fish i dont eat any veg i eat alot of salad but dont eat cucumber, this was my reason for having the band because i just could not lose the weight from diets alone with being a fussy eater, i love scrambled poached omletts eggs but i dont eat the white as the texture i can not stand it i struggle alot with what i eat, and how do you use that diary you keep all your weight and dates in

I log all of that I eat on myfitnesspal.

With regards to protein foods how about these?

Chicken,
Turkey
Ham
Lean beef
Tuna
White fish (sea bass, bream, Cod, haddock, etc)
Quark or low fat soft cheese

All good sources of protein, or if eaten occasionally things such as some nuts are also good :)

Mix that with some dry and crunchy foods and they are then band friendly. Like for lunch a ryvita or two topped with ham and quark. Melba toasts with a dip and some protein.

Handy to have with tuna too :)

I keep meaning to try myfitnesspal, but in the meantime I just log everything in a notebook so I can go through it with my dietician when I see her.
I love fish, and at the moment I'm loving smoked mackerel and light soft cheese on seeded ryvita thins. Protein and crunch - yum!

I love salad and try to have some seeds or pine nuts sprinkled over it as well as the egg, meat or fish I have as the protein with it.

Do you like pulses? A mixed bean salad with peppers is lovely, and I quite like to mash up mixed beans and make burgers from them.

I keep meaning to try myfitnesspal, but in the meantime I just log everything in a notebook so I can go through it with my dietician when I see her.
I love fish, and at the moment I'm loving smoked mackerel and light soft cheese on seeded ryvita thins. Protein and crunch - yum!

I love salad and try to have some seeds or pine nuts sprinkled over it as well as the egg, meat or fish I have as the protein with it.

Do you like pulses? A mixed bean salad with peppers is lovely, and I quite like to mash up mixed beans and make burgers from them.

i ,love the idea of the mixed bean burgers they sound yum!

lol your makin me hungry! might be time for another mini meal! my fitness pal is really good btw! Well worth getting!

For the lady not losing weight you could also try some low fat cheese and cottage cheese maybe? Maybe a protein shake. I made a lovely recipe a couple of weeks ago for courgette pizza. x

I log all of that I eat on myfitnesspal.

With regards to protein foods how about these?

Chicken,
Turkey
Ham
Lean beef
Tuna
White fish (sea bass, bream, Cod, haddock, etc)
Quark or low fat soft cheese

All good sources of protein, or if eaten occasionally things such as some nuts are also good :)

Mix that with some dry and crunchy foods and they are then band friendly. Like for lunch a ryvita or two topped with ham and quark. Melba toasts with a dip and some protein.

Handy to have with tuna too :)

I always enjoy your suggestions TK...they are such a common sense approach and always great advice!!!

lol your makin me hungry! might be time for another mini meal! my fitness pal is really good btw! Well worth getting!

For the lady not losing weight you could also try some low fat cheese and cottage cheese maybe? Maybe a protein shake. I made a lovely recipe a couple of weeks ago for courgette pizza. x

Oh Oh Yes Kirsty I must take another look at your courgette pizza..better still post it on here as well!!!!

Back