• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

having trouble

lousarah

So im on week three now. Liquids but thicker still no lumps. Im really finding it hard I keep picking at the odd thing here and there.

I think im feeling down after not losing last week and also back to work tomorrow don't want people to see my lunch which is effectively baby food.

The psych said after op ppl can get down and I think ive hit it.

My partner has an exercise bike that has a fifteen stone ten pound weight limit and I thought come this sat id be able to use it and im still too heavy.

Just feeling pooey.

All sympathy and arse kicking welcome. Xxz

you dont have restriction yet hun so your not expected to have massive losses so dont worry as to the liquid food i was only on that a week post olp then a week sloshy[scarmbled egg etc] then week 3 soft normal food week four normal food . the band can be great but hang in there its not a quick fix but once you have restriction and hit your sweet spot it will be fab

Im really finding it hard I keep picking at the odd thing here and there.

However hard it is, you really need to understand the potential damage that you could do to you and your band by doing this. The schedule for liquids/mash etc is there for good reason and it is given as a guideline to protect you.

This time on liquids is not a long time and you're putting yourself at risk for the sake of a few days. A lot of people do feel down, having surgery is a big thing - you're also taking in a lot less calories and so it is actually common at this point (until you get to normal food and indeed to finding restriction) that weight loss can be reduced or stalled. Often it is because you're simply not eating enough, but then as you're not (or shouldn't be!) eating anything as yet, give yourself time to recover post surgery, but follow those guidelines.

Stretching the pouch, or worse damaging your stomach and band, - is a few mouthfuls "here and there" really worth that risk?

The band takes a lot of willpower and control over what you eat, when you can eat, but more so how you eat . . .if you find it hard at this point to follow your guidelines, it doesn't bode very well for the future . . .

Follow the guidelines, give yourself time to recover, and the weightloss will come . . .in the meantime until you can cycle walk - it is the best exercise and gentle while you're in the early stages post op :)

Thanks guys xxx

Its the first day I have had off with my partner and he made chocolate fudge brownies. Until now I have followed the rules but the no loss thing put me off.

Thanks for the boot in the bum I needed it. Will I have already ruined my pouch just from today? X

Why on earth is he making brownies when you're so soon post op? Is he trying to sabotage you?

differnt providers give different advice but by week 3 i was pretty much back to normal eating so no i doubt very much you have done aything to your pouch tbh i cant understand why at week 3 your still on liquids. if you want to start moving to more textured food i dont think it would harm you but brownies isnt the way to do it nice bowl of soft mash is always a good place to start but good luck , none of us are perfect u had a blip forget it nd move on today is a new day:)

I'm sorry, moomoo, but I'm going to totally disagree with you here - advising someone to move to more textured foods when their provider advises not to, is really not good advice to give!

Each provider is different, some start with liquid in the band, some don't, this will also make a difference as to what they may suggest. Just as after fills, some people go to liquids for 3 days or 5 days and some even 7. Saying to someone it shouldn't hurt to go against the providers guidelines is not sound advice.

We can never know the reasons why individual people are given different directions, but as individuals we can follow the guidelines that they give to us.

Lousarah - you really need to have a word with your boyfriend because his actions are far from supportive. You will be able to eat those things with a band, especially while you're finding restriction - and yes, go ahead and eat them but you will then find yourself saying "My band isn't working" when in fact it is the food being eaten that is making it not work.

Talk to him, tell him what you do or don't need right now, but he needs a kick up the backside!

Get back on track with the guidelines YOU have been given by YOUR provider - they are the ones to follow but for your own good and of that of your band. The band is not an easy tool, it can be downright hard at times, but, we are the only ones who can use it in the way it is meant to, and stick with those guidelines.

Its not easy, but it is worth it :)

Last edited:
I agree with top Kat. This period is nothing in the grand scheme of our lives. Give your surgery the best possible chance to work and step away from the brownies. I'd give your OH a firm talking to if I were you.

Thanks guys. I dont have anything in my band. I wont move on but thanks for the reassurance I probs havent done lasting damage.

Today I am back on track, on slimfast, back to work and out of calpol. Its a painful situation to be in but im sucking it up.

There is cake everywhere (I work in a craftshop doing a decorating demo) but I dont even want it.

All is good. Xxx

if you're in pain continue to take regular pain relief, it will help :)

"Today I am back on track, on slimfast, back to work and out of calpol. Its a painful situation to be in but im sucking it up"

oooh calpol now there's an idea, I'm due to have my band in 3 weeks and I was wondering about pain relief, good solution:)

Hey no probs hon. Would also get in some windeze and some senna. For the first six hours ish after my mouth forgot how to make spit. Maybe thats what everyone says to get dry mouth spray for xxx

lou I got the dry mouth spray already, but my list of bits n bobs is increasing each day I log on and read! I shall have a mini pharmacy by the time my op date arrives;) but as a certain Supermarket chain tells us "every little helps" thanks again for the invaluable hints :thankyou:

Hi

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I wanted to know how jou jou got on at Dolan Park. Since I am such a newbie I had to wait to find you again!

Back